Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

IF you think you should make as much as a doctor(mean is like 68$/hour) then you are a self absorbed man lost in a dreamworld. Doctors go through an insane amount of schooling. You can drop out of HS and be a dealer.

I gues i came off too mean here. I just have such a bad taste from so many dealers being so rude asking for tips and giving peopel dirty looks. They expect me to tip them $10 an hour. Its hard enough to beat live poker with the massive rake. Example, at MGM i win like a 300$ pot and tipped the guy $6. 10 minutes later i win lie a 40$ pot. As im stacking my chips, i look up and see the dealer staring at me. I stare back. He says "someone might wana nhelp him out, i think hes new to this." Some old guy says, he wants tyou to tip. I inform him ill tip when i want to, thanks.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:36 PM

el diablo's post was not rude. i think his question was a fair one to ask. are you going to answer it?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dealers complain they're under paid, but won't tell how much they're making

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. stop complaining if you aren't willing to be upfront about how much you make. obviously dealers complain because they want the tipping culture to change/improve, yet how can they create change without showing that they are being paid unfairly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT MY PAY OR SAID THAT I WAS BEING PAID UNFAIRLY
OMG do you even understand the english language???
I am highly unimpressed with the lack of intelligence found in this forum. I really hope that Harrahs and the PAB will bring on a rep for the dealers so this can be better for the players and staff next year

[/ QUOTE ]

if you aren't complaining, what needs to be better for the dealers next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

another good question for you to answer, p...
Old 07-19-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How exactly have i EXPRESSED that i wanted jerrys money? and if i got if, what in the hell would i do with it stupid? OH I KNOW!!! I could go buy in at the bellagio and become just like sue. you people blow me away, worse than a room full of 4 year olds.

here is your quote of the day again incase y'all missed it.....fighting on the internet is like running a race in the special olympics, when you win, your still retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's "your retarted"
Old 07-19-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every year it seems like there's drama about what someone tipped or didn't tip.

Ferguson simply pointed out that he already had $150,000 taken out of his prize for the dealers. That seems like important information. When they ask you if you want to leave a tip, I don't think they say, "You've already tipped $150,000, would you like to leave anything more than that?"

If someone told me that the guy won $8 million and left a $150,000 tip for the dealers, I would think that sounded like a nice tip. I'm certainly not going to think less of the guy because the tip was automatically deducted.

If I go to a restaurant and they automatically add an 18% tip onto the check, and that's all we leave, I think it would be pretty lame to claim we "stiffed" the waitress. Yet that's the title of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

End of discussion.

Nobody questions it wen you have parties of 8 or more at a restaurant. why now? Does anyone have any reliable info from dealers at the series as to the actual amount of money they made?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every year it seems like there's drama about what someone tipped or didn't tip.

Ferguson simply pointed out that he already had $150,000 taken out of his prize for the dealers. That seems like important information. When they ask you if you want to leave a tip, I don't think they say, "You've already tipped $150,000, would you like to leave anything more than that?"

If someone told me that the guy won $8 million and left a $150,000 tip for the dealers, I would think that sounded like a nice tip. I'm certainly not going to think less of the guy because the tip was automatically deducted.

If I go to a restaurant and they automatically add an 18% tip onto the check, and that's all we leave, I think it would be pretty lame to claim we "stiffed" the waitress. Yet that's the title of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

End of discussion.

Nobody questions it wen you have parties of 8 or more at a restaurant. why now? Does anyone have any reliable info from dealers at the series as to the actual amount of money they made?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a good friend that dealt it, he said he averaged around 45 to 50 an hour plus minimum wage.

edit: he was talking about the whole world series, not just the main event
Old 07-19-2007, 05:52 PM

pkpr,

Cliff notes: Dealers make $1500-2000 (or more?) dealing the 11 days during the WSOP ME due largely to tip pool withheld from players, but some don't feel like that is enough and feel the players should tip an additional amount on top of that.

You came on here claiming that you were paid a measly $200 in tips for the ME, but simple math shows that you are paid over $1000 in tips alone from the ME.

Now you get angry when people point that out and ask you what you think would be more equitable.

And then you wonder why people don't have more sympathy for your whining.

Congrats, you have done a good job at getting at least one very heavy tipper less interested in overtipping dealers.

As for mudslinging, your characterization of Chris misleading Jerry is the closest to mudslinging in this thread. Apparently Chris did not know that dealers only got 65% of the 150k+ withheld from Jerry's portion of the prize pool. So he could have either said "Jerry, you have already tipped $100k from your cash" or "Jerry, the dealers have already been tipped $700,000 from the prize pool" to be more accurate. I doubt that would have changed his recommendation or Jerry's action.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
p,

"Next, we do not get paid by the hour this year, we get paid by downs (each table we deal), we do get an hourly $6.41 from harrahs."

"means that we should only recieve $214 for 11 days of work? Hmmm that doesnt sound to good to me."

"Now We started the main this year with over 700 dealers"

OK, so let's work out the math here.

There were 700 dealers involved in dealing during the 11 days of the ME.

These dealers split the following:

Hourly rate of $6.41
$60,000,000 * 1.8% * 65% = $702,000
Tips when dealing cash games
Additional tip pool from other tourneys during this time

So, a dealer who dealt 8 hours a day over these 11 days would make about $1565 [$564 ($6.41 * 8 * 11) + $1,000 (700k/700)] PLUS tips they received while dealing at cash games.

Is that correct, p? Please correct the assumptions regarding how many downs the average dealer dealt in tournament and cash games.

The way many reasonable posters on this forum approach this issue is to think about whether or not the dealers are getting paid a fair wage when all things are taken into account.

The numbers make it look like dealers are getting paid far more than the $214 you thought you would get paid, more like in the $1500-2000 range.

Do you feel like the actual numbers are fair compensation for this period? If not, what would you consider reasonable compensation to expect for dealing the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have yet to see this forum used for anything but a bunch of mud slinging bull crap. and read things correctly instead of just trying to piss me off. figure it out your damm self because from what i have seen here, the stuff y'all make up is so much better than the truth.
and dont bother trying to egg me on any further cause i will never pull up the site again.
Y'all have won the race

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the questions got too tough for you, eh, p?

p.s. youre obviously reading this.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:54 PM

suzy,

"i have a good friend that dealt it, he said he averaged around 45 to 50 an hour plus minimum wage."

If he's willing to share, would be interesting to hear how many hours he was able to work over the series and/or ME.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:59 PM

i'll work on it...
Closed Thread