Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the person who created these robots to blame for the destruction of Earth, or are the robots to b
The Creator 58 79.45%
The Robots 15 20.55%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2007, 12:03 AM

Default best line to take here? floped nut flush turn pairs board

Ok this is a game in a local cardroom villian is a guy I know well a regular in my home game good tag player

I call a small 2x raise in small blind with k8 clubs villian calls in the bb flop is AX3 all clubs I check villian bets just under pot folded around to me I hollywood a little look back at my cards and call. turn is a 3 I hate this card I know that a small ace might be in his range. debate a check raise here but decide check call the river is a blank. what is the best line here check raise risk a check behind or value bet and risk a fold or a push? I don't think he was deep enough for me to fold to a push.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: best line to take here? floped nut flush turn pairs board

I value bet ther river a little less than half the pot he thought for a few min called and insta mucked when I said nut flush. At the time I just wasn't sure what line to take or how much to value bet I wanted to look like I was buying the pot with a missed flush. After the hand I just started thinking maybee I could have got more out of the hand. bye the way is there a hand converter somewhere that allows you to put in hands from a live game it is always so hard to write up live hands and make them readable, thanks
Old 03-24-2007, 03:12 PM

Raise the flop.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:11 PM

Raise flop.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-24-2007, 11:05 PM

Fold preflop despite the min-raise because your position will be bad, and you aren't even going to have the nut flush on most boards in which you reach a flush.

Lead the flop. I usually lead draws and made hands. You have the nuts on the flop, but bad position. I think leading is good since villain will raise if he has a set or a flush. He will probably call with top pair. He will probably put you on Ax or draw to KcXx since you look like you're stealing with the donk bet. Meanwhile, C/R looks too strong. And C/C risks a scare card on the turn that could hurt your action - like another club, or a board-pairing 3.

As played to the river, he probably doesn't have a missed draw. He could easily put you on a missed draw to a single big club. He probably has a top pair type hand. And he might have a monster. So, despite the fact that I said c/c in the poll, I now like a blocking bet on the end, which wasn't in the poll. I guess "value bet" was there, but I'd bet enough for an Ax hand to call that was small enough for me to fold if he pushes with A3 or AA or XX.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is because it is a marginally playable hand, the others probably have junk, and if you raise you have an excellent chance of winning the dead money, right?

If the plan is to win without having to see the flop, but have a marginally playable hand in the event that you get called, then raise is good.

In fact, now that you mention it, raise here is best unless the min-raiser has a habit of min-raise/call or min-raise/reraise. Also, if the min-raiser is a big calling station, then I'd also want to fold.

And I still like folding better than calling even if raising might be better than folding.