Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Michelle Wie \"injury\" lol

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did you hear the interview with her afterwards, I swear she said ya know 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this information she is JOE MORGAN!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-01-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, do you guys not remember two years ago? She missed two PGA cuts by 1 shot and has played in the final group of two LPGA majors. She definitely deserved most of the hype she was getting. However, (like I predicted) she's falling apart thanks to pressure, burn out, David Leadbetter, injuries, and money. Like most people I believe she should have just played the big amateur events, maybe some LPGA events and learned to win. I don't think she'll ever recover and be a superstar, but she did some absolutely amazing things for a 15 YEAR OLD GIRL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody's denying that it was amazing, for a 15 year old girl. I think what it is, is like I said, when you go putting yourself in men's tournaments and add to the hype, people are going to hold you to a much higher standard. She was basically saying "I'm too good for the amateurs or the LPGA" when thus far, in 30-plus starts on the LPGA, she has yet to win. If you want to talk about a choke-artist, I think she's the perfect candidate - she's a terrible putter and got famous for her long ball.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, do you guys not remember two years ago? She missed two PGA cuts by 1 shot and has played in the final group of two LPGA majors. She definitely deserved most of the hype she was getting. However, (like I predicted) she's falling apart thanks to pressure, burn out, David Leadbetter, injuries, and money. Like most people I believe she should have just played the big amateur events, maybe some LPGA events and learned to win. I don't think she'll ever recover and be a superstar, but she did some absolutely amazing things for a 15 YEAR OLD GIRL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anybody's denying that it was amazing, for a 15 year old girl. I think what it is, is like I said, when you go putting yourself in men's tournaments and add to the hype, people are going to hold you to a much higher standard. She was basically saying "I'm too good for the amateurs or the LPGA" when thus far, in 30-plus starts on the LPGA, she has yet to win. If you want to talk about a choke-artist, I think she's the perfect candidate - she's a terrible putter and got famous for her long ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree. I just think some of the posters in this thread forgot some the things she did.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
uh her attempts to take on the PGA pretty much made her 40 mil

i dont blame her

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blame her for the kind of scratch she made. I just think its funny how an apparently mediocre (for pros, not saying she sucks) golfer hits it rich because she can hit an occasional bomb off the tee and she's 15 and she's Korean American.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-01-2007, 02:20 PM

wait, how is she a non-member? i thought she was fulltime on the lpga...?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:29 PM

She's not old enough.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:43 PM

lol, these threads always make me smile and laugh.

go to her wiki , look at her LPGA major performances, realize that she was not even old enough to be a member and then go hide in a corner and wish you could play as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Insert donating full member to Michelle Wie joke here.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, these threads always make me smile and laugh.

go to her wiki , look at her LPGA major performances, realize that she was not even old enough to be a member and then go hide in a corner and wish you could play as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, someone missed the point of this thread entirely - not one person has said she sucks at golf or that they could play better. She's simply an overhyped pro who can't hang with the majority of her competition. She's put herself in this spot.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:19 PM

Ty Tryon thinks she needs to go back to school.