Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Michelle Wie \"injury\" lol

[ QUOTE ]
uh her attempts to take on the PGA pretty much made her 40 mil

i dont blame her

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blame her for the kind of scratch she made. I just think its funny how an apparently mediocre (for pros, not saying she sucks) golfer hits it rich because she can hit an occasional bomb off the tee and she's 15.

So I guess I take it back. Knowing how she parlayed being a mediocre pro into tons of money by playing against opponents she couldn't beat on her best day and their worst, I do like seeing her fail. There are so many better stories in both the PGA and LPGA that whenever I see her, its almost like a David Duval sighting - "oh, she's still actually playing golf? When was the last time she made a cut?"
Old 06-01-2007, 01:43 AM

Has Wie ever made a cut at the PGA level?

I don't think she can hack it at the LPGA, let alone the PGA. Stay in school.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't blame her for the kind of scratch she made. I just think its funny how an apparently mediocre (for pros, not saying she sucks) golfer hits it rich because she can hit an occasional bomb off the tee and she's 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's pretty hot, too. I think this is a nontrivial factor.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually think before you post?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's pretty hot, too. I think this is a nontrivial factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, she's alright. When she hit the scene she was 15, and she's only 17 now. Plus, she's going to look like a supermodel compared to most traditional LPGA pros.

She's made the cut in only one men's tournament to date and none on the PGA Tour. She got beat in one of her last junior tournaments in the first freaking round if memory serves me correctly. Don't get me wrong, like I said, I can't hate on the money, but she's more sideshow attraction than phenom golf talent, and I think everybody knows it. She should've stayed off the pro circuit and played at Stanford. Who knows what she could've done then. She might've come out, dominated the LPGA, and then done what Annika did - beat everybody in your own division, THEN try to prove you belong on the PGA tour.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually think before you post?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's partially right. She certainly can't hang on the PGA. She's done well in a few tournaments, helping her status by making top 5's in majors on friendly courses. However, she was supposed to be the female Tiger - dominant. Game changing. The new face of the LPGA. Because she's done so poorly by the high standards she had set for her, I think that her staying in school (golf-wise, not education since she's still been accepted to Stanford) would have been the obvious right choice.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has Wie ever made a cut at the PGA level?

[/ QUOTE ]

well she would have ~20million less if she did that

I could handle not being good at either level if I got 20million
Old 06-01-2007, 02:08 AM

No idea about the rule, but it just goes to show that however much talent she has, she still isn't ready.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 AM

michelle wie is a great talent and her results are not terrible for someone her age. she's been top 5 a few times in LPGA majors. it did not take Tiger long but he needed about a year to get used to the Tour before he dominated.

The other thing is she is a terrible putter and could improve her scores alot just by becoming average.

Yeah she really cant cut it on the men's tour right now and she probably never will. but its a pretty ridiculous standard to hold her too considering her age and experience. she just needs time. i dont think she'll ever be good enough to play on the men's tour but i think in a few years when her game matures she wont embarrass herself when she tried a few PGA events.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:08 AM

Wow, do you guys not remember two years ago? She missed two PGA cuts by 1 shot and has played in the final group of two LPGA majors. She definitely deserved most of the hype she was getting. However, (like I predicted) she's falling apart thanks to pressure, burn out, David Leadbetter, injuries, and money. Like most people I believe she should have just played the big amateur events, maybe some LPGA events and learned to win. I don't think she'll ever recover and be a superstar, but she did some absolutely amazing things for a 15 YEAR OLD GIRL!!!