Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: well?
the player 54 40.91%
rotary 78 59.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Re: how do you think child molesters should be punished?

[ QUOTE ]
First step would be to treat family members and strangers the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

if my dad raped a 4 year old i think i'd be able to do a pretty good job of forgetting about all the nice things he's done for me during my life up to this point. i think that at bare minimum him going to jail for 10 years and then spending the rest of his life under very strict supervision would be appropriate.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if my dad raped a 4 year old i think i'd be able to do a pretty good job of forgetting about all the nice things he's done for me during my life up to this point. i think that at bare minimum him going to jail for 10 years and then spending the rest of his life under very strict supervision would be appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me rephrase my comment.

First step would be to treat people who molest their family members and people who molest strangers the same.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 PM

Jail terms. And when they are release they should go onto lifetime parole. Parole conditions would include having to reside in a controlled community - basically a guarded & fenced environment that they cannot leave unsupervised. While in this place they can live in some sort of normal housing - but there is no open social interaction outside of this semi-jail community. Any breach whatsoever and it's back to high security for life. It would be like a gated community for pedophiles. This is after the normal jail time and is for life.

Access to whatever services to control their condition would be available - but in the knowledge that they can never be cured.

Better than jail, but never free.

We are talking about molesters here - if there was any escalation in the violence committed then life in high security is the only option.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 PM

The only problem I have with punishment is a complete lack of confidence in the legal system to find the "right guy" or to even decide correctly that something was done at all.

That said, if I were ever 100% sure that some dude raped a kid I'd be happy to kill them myself. A lot of people are fine with a few % error, but that's against my own idea of what morality is.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to start some long-winded discussion, but in brief, if your dad (not saying he ever would) were to rape a 4 year old you'd completely turn your back on him forever and stop loving him all together?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:55 PM

Have them molested by an older man.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to start some long-winded discussion, but in brief, if your dad (not saying he ever would) were to rape a 4 year old you'd completely turn your back on him forever and stop loving him all together?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably. i mean i would obviously always have feelings for him since he's been a huge part of my life, but that is such a dispicable act that i think it's reasonable. you don't?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 PM

Pedophilia is a sickness. Committing pedophilic acts is a crime, because society has an obligation to protect children from people who are sick like this.

Government needs to take steps to prevent child molesters from repeat offenses, and the child sex offender registry is a good step in this direction. I dont think the offenders need to be unduly punished, however, they do need to be reminded that society will not tolerate this type of behavior.

-J
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

probably. i mean i would obviously always have feelings for him since he's been a huge part of my life, but that is such a dispicable act that i think it's reasonable. you don't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I hear you, just seems like it would be such an impossible situation to deal with and live through. I'd obviously be disgusted, but if he served his time and owned up to it I don't think I could just avoid him until he died and act like he didn't exist.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:01 PM

A two strikes and you're out policy might be worth considering.