Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 04:38 PM

Default What should i do next?

first of all i'm very excited to find a heads-up forum here

I've been playing micro stakes h/u limit on UB for about the past month

deposited 100.00 onto UB and joined Rakebreak...
started at the .2-.4 and didn't move up until i had $250.00
just made the jump to .50-1.00 upon making it to 500.00 this week...
So now my sign up bonus is cleared and it appears i will have a little something coming back to me from Rakebreak

I see today that UB is offering a 25% redeposit bonus this weekend so what i'm wondering is would it best for me to withdraw then redopsit the 500 bucks and get my self another 100 and keep doing what i've been doing or is there a better situation for me out there? Are there other sites out there that offer heads up tables at a decent Rake and maybe go for a bigger first time deposit bonus...i have only looked at Party and Stars and neither of them seem to have h/u limit tables...
Can someone please list for me any other sites that do?

Also can someone please explain to me how my MGR affects how much of the bonus i get back? Can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Also, what does HULA stand for?

sorry for being such a n00b
Old 04-28-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: What should i do next?

Stars has micro limit .02/.04 heads up.

The best / cheapest way as far as rake goes to play heads up is to play the Sit and Gos. They are available on almost every site. The strategy changes a bit as the blinds get higher though.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:29 PM

Default Re: What should i do next?

hey Biceps thanks for the reply

i think that's strange that Stars only offers .2-.4 heads up. Why not have tables at every limit i wonder.

my bankroll is at .50-1.00 now so thats probably not gonna be the best place for me.

I feel like with 26% rakeback and trying to keep bonuses clearing as often as possible i should be able to level the huge mountain of rake i'll be paying until i can get high enough (3-6?) where the .50 max rake hopefully wont affect me quite as brutally

But i'm worried that my thinking on this may be very wrong and that no matter how well i play i'm involvng myself in an ultimately loosing situation... So i'm definitely looking to hear more people thoughts and opinions on this.

Also i've heard a few people mention "propping deals" what exactly are theyt and how do they differ from getting rake back

Any other sites out there offering heads up limit tables?

thanks in advance