Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Alan Greenspan\'s opinion on the Iraq War

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure this was already known by many people but for those still in denial, here is what Alan Greenspan says in his new book:

“I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil.”

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saddened he never said anything much about anything when it might have made some difference. Guess keeping his job was more important than his principles then.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:56 PM

... and off course, he had no book to sell then.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Making Lucid Posts is TOOOO Much Work.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great suggestion. Let me read a Zionists opinion on public enemy #1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually Friedman, though Jewish, is not supportive of Israel's policy in the Middle East. I think Friedman writes excellent well researched books but draws the wrong conclusions.

[ QUOTE ]
pretty much can tell from your comments and your hatred that you are from that neck of the woods. That is my guess at least.

[/ QUOTE ]
You guess wrong.
I was born in Texas and I was raised Methodist. Although I'm no longer religious. When I was in college I was anti-Israel. Once in ROTC I chasized a Army Captain for making a pro-Israel remark in class. Being a mere cadet at the time, I'm surprised he did not put my ass in a sling. He said nothing but looked at me in shock. Looking back, I'm stunned that an aspiring military officer would verbal attack a superior officer. But I got away with it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Today I'm pro-Israel. So you see, wisdom does come with age....

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not pro-Israel; you are pro-Zionism. I already knew you were one based on your comments. Copernicus is one too. Bremer, Perle, Kristal, Wolfowitz are just a handful of Zionists who pressured Bush to invade Iraq. These are evil people. Add Felix and Copernicus to the list of Zionists.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am sure this was already known by many people but for those still in denial, here is what Alan Greenspan says in his new book:

“I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil.”

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saddened he never said anything much about anything when it might have made some difference. Guess keeping his job was more important than his principles then.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many documented cases of people losing their jobs if they went against what the White House told them to say. They even got people fired at the UN who challenged their WMD claims. Greenspan was no dummy; he had to lie to save his job.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are not pro-Israel; you are pro-Zionism. I already knew you were one based on your comments. Copernicus is one too. Bremer, Perle, Kristal, Wolfowitz are just a handful of Zionists who pressured Bush to invade Iraq. These are evil people. Add Felix and Copernicus to the list of Zionists.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhhhhh....I'm evil. That is a first.
OK I confess I'm also a member of the Illuminati and the trilateral commission. I also am a charter member of the Bohemian Grove.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove

Now that you have blown my cover, I am forced to issue an "edict 862" against you. Sorry...nothing personal. Secrecy is are most important weapon and I can't allow anyone to jeopardize that. Our Zionist goals much be achieved. Good-Bye....
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's try to keep this a debate here people.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:50 PM

Default General Patton\'s Views on Iraq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX6wV1lBQ
Screw Greenspan...listen to Patton !
Old 09-17-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: And His Point Is?.....

[ QUOTE ]
This is how the neocon zionists work. They twist your comments around to try to make you look foolish. I did not predict that gas would go to 50 cents a gallon like you suggested I did. You are a fraud.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is called sarcasm.... Perhaps I need to S-P-E-L-L things out for you.
Jeez....the state/federal taxes alone are about 50 cents a gallon. If the USA took other countrie's oil....gas would be CHEAP...
Old 09-17-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Oh? The US State Department's decison to place Iraq on their list of nations that sponsor terror is not good enough for you?"

Well, they only had to put them on because Reagan took them OFF in 1983 to give them weapons. They could have just left them ON the whole time, and saved some paperwork... but then the USA couldn't sell Sadaam Hussein weapons of mass destruction.

You know the old joke :

Q : "How does the USA know IRAQ has weapons of mass destruction"

A : "They checked the receipts."

[/ QUOTE ]
do you have any facts to back this assertion, because once again, its not true

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean?

Chronology of the United States sordid involvement in the arming of Iraq can be summarized this way:
- The US used methods both legal and illegal to help build Saddam's army into the most powerful army in the Mideast outside of Israel.
- The US supplied chemical and biological agents and technology to Iraq when it knew Iraq was using chemical weapons against the Iranians.
- The US supplied the materials and technology for these weapons of mass destruction to Iraq at a time when it was known that Saddam is using this technology to kill his Kurdish citizens.
- The US supplied intelligence and battle planning information to Iraq when those battle plans included the use of cyanide, mustard gas and nerve agents.
- The US blocked UN censure of Iraq's use of chemical weapons.

Chronology of US involvement

so, what is not true here?

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of the article doesn't say anything about the US giving Iraq chemical weapons. Most of it says that it gave metal or other things to build chemical weapons. I'm afraid I'm not buying that assertion from the Iran Chamber. The only reference for actual chemical material was the "precursors of mustard gas." Do you know what the precursors for mustard gas are? I could make mustard gas in my lab easily. The materials used to make mustard gas have tons of other uses in industry also.

So did the US give Saddam WMD? You have produced nothing that says so, you've given evidence of the US helping a coldwar ally from a shady source
Old 09-17-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: The Money Quote....

[ QUOTE ]

Well ~20% of Americans were dumb enough to vote for John Kerry

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp
[ QUOTE ]
so this tells me that 49% are dumb democrats and 21% are dumb "moderates" and some dumb Repubs. 49% + 21% = 70%

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to assume this is a joke, based on the obvious fact that a Republican is going to be more likely to believe this (being that the Republicans are more likely to be pro-war against Iraq, and I believe I saw a digg article the other day that said that democrats are on average more intelligent then republicans anyway).
[ QUOTE ]
This assumes the poll was given properly which is a HUGE assumption. An improperly worded poll will skew the results dramatically.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems his number was off, however:
Hit and Myth: Poll Shows 1 in 3 Americans Still Believe Saddam Involved in 9/11
[ QUOTE ]
NEW YORK Six years after the 9/11 terror attacks on the U.S., it seems the media still have some educational work to do. A new CBS/New York Times poll reveals that even today, 1 in 3 Americans believe that "Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon."

This notion was thoroughly debunked by official sources, including those in the White House, years ago, but the myth endures. Polls have shown that belief in this untruth was a prime component in support for the attack on Iraq.

Four in 10 Republicans still hold this view, compared with 32% of Independents and 27% of Democrats.

The poll of 1,035 adults was taken Sept. 4 to 8.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hope you got a towel for all that egg on your face.