Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 04:50 PM

Default KK - donk bet in a 3way pot

Is there anyway I can get away from this hand. I hate the fact that the Button has called, I can't fold this (at least I don't think so) as the pot's so big. What's the best line for the turn. Shove? or CRAI?

Any comments on the rest of the hand?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $46
MP: $68.75
Hero (CO): $48.50
BTN: $52.20 (25/19/3.08)
SB: $133.95
BB: $47.35 (28/23/14.00)

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BTN calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15</font>, BTN calls $15, BB folds

Turn: ($42.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: KK - donk bet in a 3way pot

make a real raise on the flop, to like $25 and get it AI on the turn, as played you can either crAI or lead for a shove I guess
Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM

Ugh, that button call is all kinds of scary but I don't know what he would be doing this with...JJ/66/22 seem most obvious but wouldn't he 3bet the flop? If you check and he pushes you almost have enough odds to draw to the flush... Meh this is a tough one.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:20 PM

Sheesh. I hate that you can be drawing dead. That turn card sucks.

bb is hyper aggressive so his donk bet doesn't mean much... a jack, a flush draw... but btn's smoothcall to your raise is scary. There's an enormous chances one of these guys is drawing to a flush.

I think I'm gone on that turn. Drawing to 8 outs when you could be drawing dead seems a bad idea.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sheesh. I hate that you can be drawing dead. That turn card sucks.

bb is hyper aggressive so his donk bet doesn't mean much... a jack, a flush draw... but btn's smoothcall to your raise is scary. There's an enormous chances one of these guys is drawing to a flush.

I think I'm gone on that turn. Drawing to 8 outs when you could be drawing dead seems a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Pot it too big. You have the K of spades. If you want to c/r it all in on the turn or just lead, meh, whatever, just as long as you get it in. Folding is criminal.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:00 PM

You could try a crai, but problem is you have to be sure villian will bet if you check, else you risk giving him a free card.

I shove.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. Pot it too big. You have the K of spades. If you want to c/r it all in on the turn or just lead, meh, whatever, just as long as you get it in. Folding is criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ridiculous... if you can assume someone has a flush, you have 7 outs. So you'll win about 1 time in 8. You're putting in approx another 30 dollars... so the pot needs to be about $240 to be ev neutral.

If you need the flush but one isn't out there, your outs increase to and you will win 1 time in 5. So you only have to win a $150 pot to have the proper odds.

The only way this is good is if BOTH villains ranges are broad enough that one of them bet and one of them smoothcalled a bet and a raise while NEITHER of them has a flush draw nor Kings beat.

They could both be crazy but no one's posted anything to suggest that they're both willing to get it all in and call enormous bets post flop with nothing.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM

You have $31.5 behind. The pot is $42.5. You think check-folding here is the way to go?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:20 PM

i think the villain does NOT have a flush draw. Otherwise why the big bet on the flop? A6 of spades would not do this, nor would such a hand call the reraise.

this is an either "way ahead or way behind" situation in my view. you are either up against a set or top pair top kicker or another big pocket pair.

With the spade draw a very big advantage for you (if you are not facing the A of spades), I would check and see what happens. If the villain has a set, I don't see him pushing. So a call depends on pot odds to hit the flush. But a shove might merit a courageous call. You can beat QQ and have outs for almost anything better than that.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 PM

Bad situation.

c/c Turn assuming that you have the pot odds to chase your Flush. Villain's call on the flop is too scary to ignore and he either had you beat then or he does now (I would say he did on the flop). You could be drawing dead but I think you've come to far to not chase the Flush if the price is right.