Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: NL1000 flopped flush

Shove ldo
Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 PM

shove, not close, and he's not folding either.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 PM

whatever...but shove
Old 09-29-2007, 12:51 PM

Disagree, if he has a queen high flush, queen ten/9? Then you are still going to get action especially if you check or bet small then check.

If I was playing this I would realise it to 600 (maybe), I would say he would call that at least 40/65 % of the time especially if he has a made flush as well, then he is getting close to being pot committed, you throw in a check from your side and he is going to feel decent.

Right?

You shove he is going to say to himself man I have "trips" or a queen/ 9 flush made on the flop and this guy has the nuts..

You have to string him a long a bit, it depends allot on previous action and how fast the game is going, you should know the move yourself, I take it you shoved and he folded well there you go, if you have the nuts what about giving the guy a chance to hang him self as well, he might go all in if you check the turn or check the flop, I like were your sitting your not afraid of any draw outs 0.005 percent or what ever for quads.

Sorry disagree. Shove is bad poker but I am a new player and I want to learn. I know you don’t shove the nuts with three suited cards down, its kind of bad play no? Shoving acts as a deterrent just as much as it acts as a money making move.

I am here to learn can some one explain to me why shoving is a good idea here or even why it is correctly a bad move.

Bookmarking this.

Bud
Old 09-29-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disagree, if he has a queen high flush, queen ten/9? Then you are still going to get action especially if you check or bet small then check.

If I was playing this I would realise it to 600 (maybe), I would say he would call that at least 40/65 % of the time especially if he has a made flush as well, then he is getting close to being pot committed, you throw in a check from your side and he is going to feel decent.

Right?

You shove he is going to say to himself man I have "trips" or a queen/ 9 flush made on the flop and this guy has the nuts..

You have to string him a long a bit, it depends allot on previous action and how fast the game is going, you should know the move yourself, I take it you shoved and he folded well there you go, if you have the nuts what about giving the guy a chance to hang him self as well, he might go all in if you check the turn or check the flop, I like were your sitting your not afraid of any draw outs 0.005 percent or what ever for quads.

Sorry disagree. Shove is bad poker but I am a new player and I want to learn. I know you don’t shove the nuts with three suited cards down, its kind of bad play no? Shoving acts as a deterrent just as much as it acts as a money making move.

I am here to learn can some one explain to me why shoving is a good idea here or even why it is correctly a bad move.

Bookmarking this.

Bud

[/ QUOTE ]

A. 100BB stacks
B. 5/10NL
C. Aggro players
D. Nobody folds sets/flushes ever here
E. Hero would probably play the same with bare Ac here
Old 09-29-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Right?

Bookmarking this.

Bud

[/ QUOTE ]

A. 100BB stacks
B. 5/10NL
C. Aggro players
D. Nobody folds sets/flushes ever here
E. Hero would probably play the same with bare Ac here

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is basically it...i think the line you are recommending is perhaps more scary...i can really see it not mattering alot either way, but i think sets pay you more often with a shove than with a call or this raise and bets on ensuing streets...
Old 09-29-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Right?

Bookmarking this.

Bud

[/ QUOTE ]

If we *know* he has a flush, then clearly we should shove. Calling only lets another club roll off and potentially kills our action against any flopped flush, not to mention sets.