Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Weird KK hand Main Event

[ QUOTE ]
He was spewy but not clueless, my hand looks so huge if I reraise him here it's easy for him to play correctly. I figure I'm a lot more likely to win a big pot from him trapping postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If raising is a giveaway to everyone at the table that you have AA-QQ, AK then you have a serious image problem.

You can't just call twice preflop with KK vs. 2 opponents. That's insane.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was spewy but not clueless, my hand looks so huge if I reraise him here it's easy for him to play correctly. I figure I'm a lot more likely to win a big pot from him trapping postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno I think you're giving this guy too much credit. I highly doubt he folds TT-QQ or AK. Plus, if we just flat call, we let everyone come in for really cheap.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:58 PM

I think I raise there, callig is not an option for me.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If raising is a giveaway to everyone at the table that you have AA-QQ, AK then you have a serious image problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a semi rant I've been meaning to go on for awhile. It is not a problem with his game it is the nature of full ring games. Post in the FR cash forum and ask what people should be raising UTG it is very tight. So by three betting a range that is very tight it is clear that your hand is very strong. If you want to start making range balancing plays and start three betting UTG raises light in full ring games be my guest.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 PM

jesus frickin christ.

please raise.

i mean, wtf, you cant win the tourney on day 1. you already doubled once. cut down the reverse implied here and pop that pot. and if they think you have KK who cares?

FPS on first level = bad.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:17 PM

Dude.... Raise the 2nd time around PLEAAAAAAASE
Old 07-07-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a semi rant I've been meaning to go on for awhile. It is not a problem with his game it is the nature of full ring games. Post in the FR cash forum and ask what people should be raising UTG it is very tight. So by three betting a range that is very tight it is clear that your hand is very strong. If you want to start making range balancing plays and start three betting UTG raises light in full ring games be my guest.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's UTG+1 if it makes any difference
Old 07-07-2007, 07:34 PM

Make a reraise now and think about folding if old guy moves in. That spot is where you'd really just have to use your judgment of a player
Old 07-07-2007, 08:12 PM

I like calling from the impression I get from you 21+ guys joking about how nitty the WSOP plays. Seems like if we 4-bet now, there's like a 1% chance that one of them goes "WTF? He didn't raise the first time! I call, obv." like they do 80% of the time online.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:42 PM

Anyways I ended up repopping to 5K but I think it's a mistake, the old guy has such a huge here most of the time and I'm putting myself in a spot to fold worse hands and get called by better I think.

So, I reraise to 5K, old guy calls pretty quickly, and Euro finally gets out. Flop Qxx rainbow, what's my plan?