Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 11:10 AM

Default (1/2) A few hands from my session last night

Hand 1
AQ in large pot

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (11.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, CO calls.

Before the river, I feel like I am getting way too good odds to fold, but once it gets 3-bet on the river I’m sure someone had me beat.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

Thoughts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hand 2
Set on the flop. Villian gets aggressive on the turn

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Given that he gets really aggressive on the turn, it really seems like he hit two pair, or maybe AQ, and possibly 88. I think he reraises me PF w/ AK/AA, and probably JJ. However, I think that he would raise me on the flop with 88.

River: (12.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

There is no way the 6 could’ve helped him given the range that I have him on, so I continue to bet at it.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Thoughts?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hand 3
10/10 against PF Raiser

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Should I be raising here? I don’t think I should since I am oop, so I didn’t.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Should I give away the lead here? I really don’t want to build a huge pot with 1010 here, but I really don’t want to fold either. With two limpers ahead of him, a raise probably means his hand is probably two high cards or a high pocket pair, so I think I’m ahead often enough that folding is really bad here, so I check/call it down.

River: (8.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Thoughts?
----------------------------------------------------------
Hand 4
AK in HU pot

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

I have two overcards and a runner-runner flush draw, but I am likely behind, so I call.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

How should I interpret the Villian’s line in this hand? The flop raise followed by the turn check and the river bet seems very fishy to me. I called because the river bet could easily be a last-ditch effort to try and make me fold.

Thoughts?

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 09-19-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: (1/2) A few hands from my session last night

Hand 1: On the flop your hand is garbage. Your overcard outs are very weak, there is a flushdraw out there and, most important, there are 4 people to act behind you. fold flop even getting 13:1. oh, and fold turn, fold river

Hand 2: Bet/3bet river is overplayed. He capped the turn, you lead into him and he doesn't mind. As played I just call the river raise, c/c river is an option. Rest is good.

Hand 3: I raise TT preflop.

Hand 4 Looks good
Old 09-19-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Before the river, I feel like I am getting way too good odds to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs do you have? What pot odds do you need to be getting to call to that many outs?

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the FAQ. Keep it to one hand per post, two or three are ok if they're related in some other way than, "I played all these hands last night."

I'm exhausted.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:45 AM

#`- I raise preflop. AQo is a pretty good hand HU or even 2 villains but it is not as good multiway. So a value bet that also thins the crowd is a good thing.
As played, we missed the flop and have about 4-5 outs. We can call the first bet but we can't call the 2 back to us. I fold it here. Turn and river are very painful given that we should not have been there to put in 3 more bets only to have to fold the hand.

#2- looks fine to me. If it was set over set, at least it doesn't happen that often.

#3- I raise/call preflop. Hand probably feels awkward and we get beat here a lot but I think calling down was about the best we could do. Likely beat by a bigger pocket pair not by an 8.

#4- I may be out of the mainstream here but I don't cap with AK here. I think just calling the 3 leaves us more options on the flop.
I think we can fold this on the river.

4 hands is a lot in one post. You may not get a lot of responses because of that and the ones you do get may not be as well thought out or expressed as they would have been if you posted one hand at a time.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:53 AM

I think that you will probably get more responses if you post your hands individually in future. Reads on your opponents will also help.

Hand 1: I dont really like the preflop call. I would prefer to 3-bet if you have seen UTG raise with less than premium hands, or else fold to a tight raiser.
The 1st flop call is a bit thin, because you cant rely on the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] being an out. I would have folded to the flop 3-bet.
At this stage of the hand, I think that even if you made your straight that you could easily have been outdrawn subsequently.
This became even more likely on the turn, and you could already have been drawing dead by then.
I think that you called too many bets in this hand.

Hand 2: I would have preferred to wait until CO to raise preflop, and I might not have 3-bet the river.
However, I think that you played this hand ok. Nice hand.

Hand 3: Raise preflop. Like all big pairs, your hand plays best against few as opposed to many opponents. Your hand will hold up often enough to make your raise worthwhile.
I think that you were correct to call down from your opponent's flop raise. Reraising would have been expensive if you had the worse hand. As you reasoned, you also did not want to fold what may have been the best hand in a big pot.

Hand 4: I prefer to just call the preflop 3-bet with AKo as opposed to cap. You had become heads up, and were about 2:1 against to pair your A or K on the flop.
I thought that your postflop play was fine. I like your river check/call as it possible that your opponent was taking a hopeful stab at the pot, after his check behind on the turn.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:54 AM

Hand 1 I think you should have folded on the flop. You have precisely 3 clean outs (non-club tens). Every other one must be discounted. I would knock your 3 A's down to about 1, maybe 1.5 because of the flush draw and possible AK or AJ your may be up against. I would consider your 3 Q's to be .5 at best. The club ten is probably about .33 or .25 outs, which is pretty negligible at the end of the day. So you have 5 outs. The first time around you are getting 13:1, which is a call if we estimated correctly. But when it's raised and reraised back to you, your odds are 9:1. You still have the slight overhead to call (9:1=45:5&lt;47:5). However, with this action is looks more and more like you are up against two pair, a set, or at least AK. Thus you are most likely drawing only to 3-3.5 outs (the club T is now worth slightly more because if they have one of the hands I just mentioned, they are not drawing to a flush at the moment). Now, you need 15.67:1 and you are only getting 9:1. I dump it.

Hand 2 is standard.

Hand 3 I play the same except I raise pf.

Hand 4: Preflop, flop, and turn I play the same. The river I would probably fold, but I may be curious and call. It is somewhat likely you're chopping.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:45 PM

wow you have huge preflop leaks imo

hand 1 - raise or fold preflop, leaning heavily towards fold (tho calling isnt too big a mistake)

fold to the flop 3bet because you dont have a club

fold to the turn bet because you have like no outs. fold to the turn raise for the same reason

river.... is probably fine but i wouldnt fault a fold the first time

hand 2 - fold preflop. also i dont 3bet the river but the rest is fine

hand 3 - raise preflop every time. also raise 99 here. as played reraise when its back to you

flop is atrocious. c/r or c/c never ever b/c flops liek this

not even commenting on turn or river because your hand is just wackrepped and its pointless

hand 4 - wow much better...

river against some opponents i like a thin value bet to get value from AQ/J but if you think his range consists of much more than this then c/c to induce/minimise losses.

also to those suggesting c/f the river:

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah

you guys make me laugh sometimes. that is all.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Too many hands didn't read.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:54 PM

I had some suggestions, but then I got the hands mixed up.
Perhaps we could concentrate on just one hand?

So, because I have the attention span of a 5-year old:
Hand 1:
People tend to be focused on getting the teensiest of value pre-flop and discuss that at great lengths, when the money gets made post-flop. You can raise or call, it's ok for both, really.
You have to fold. So the flop missed you... tough. Especially when UTG+2 3-bets.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

People tend to be focused on getting the teensiest of value pre-flop and discuss that at great lengths, when the money gets made post-flop. You can raise or call, it's ok for both, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

A look at my stats for AQo shows a return per hand played of +.34BB when not raised. And shows a +.53BB return when raised. Not raising this preflop is a measurable little leak I think