Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 10:11 PM

Default live 30/60 with 88 what\'s my postflop line?

about 8 handed, i am UTG +1 and make it 2 betsw ith 88, it fold to CO who makes it 3 bets. Blinds fold and we go heads-up. CO is semi-solid but definitely loose pf and has shown hands such as K9o from UTG etc. I feel she is capable of trying to buy button on me (who is viewed as tight/weak at table) with pretty much any PP to A8 and make continuation bet on flop. Flop comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] rainbow she bets and i raise she calls, turn comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], she bets i call, river is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], she bets and i call. Do i muck this river?
Old 05-25-2006, 11:37 PM

Default Re: live 30/60 with 88 what\'s my postflop line?

I'm confused to how your post reads. You check raised the flop? For future posts make sure all the action is clear and consise, separate each street with some space and add the pot size.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall
Old 05-26-2006, 01:01 AM

Default Re: live 30/60 with 88 what\'s my postflop line?

I prefer a betting that turn and folding to a raise, than calling a bet. But I would probably check fold that turn.

For you to call that turn and river, must mean that you have no respect for her 3-bet. Even if you put her on AK, she now has a straight. The only way I can see you taking this down is if she 3-bet you with a smaller PP or with A-rag or even "junk" if her 3-bet is legit, u are way behind