Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Variance can be fun too!!!

[ QUOTE ]
a general question to you limit players:

is multitabling common/standard?

if any of you have multitabled limit and no limit, how do they compare? is limit easier/harder?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean yah it is common. I'd say 90%+ play more than one table. However, I don't think you'll see many people 10 tabling limit. Your edges are usually much smaller in limit, so a single lost bet has a much larger impact on your winrate. So if you're continually missing those not so obvious opportunities, you're not going to be profitable above .5/1
Old 11-16-2007, 11:34 AM

okay thanks. I was gonna try 10-tabling some 1/2 using supertight preflop standards in EP/MP, and see what happens. I'll probably give it a miss now.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
okay thanks. I was gonna try 10-tabling some 1/2 using supertight preflop standards in EP/MP, and see what happens. I'll probably give it a miss now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, preflop is just as important as any other street in limit. For example, you might miss opportunities to isolate weak players if you play that way.

Thanks for hanging out here. Hopefully it'll be a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:01 PM

yeah, I was just wondering if a simple strategy preflop and multitabling might be a pretty good way to accrue some starts FPPs (I'm trying to get enough to get a bonus and a Wii for Christmas).

Something like:

Early: raise with AA-TT,AK,AQs
middle: raise if first in with AQ,AJs
late/blinds: if 2+ callers, limp with 22-99, Axs, 98s+,T8s+

I used to play tons of limit, so postflop doesn't worry me, and using this I'll be in so few hands, I'll have some thinking time.

I'll probably drop a bundle doing this, so maybe I'll give it a miss [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 AM

I think it would well worth your time to examine this comment and consider where it comes from.

[ QUOTE ]
there is less pressure to change your stats just because certain stats are regarded as nitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are thinking that increasing/decreasing the number of starting hands you play or betting/raising more to up your AF because those changes will improve your win rate it is worth your time to reconsider.

The reality is you learn concepts and apply the concepts situationally. Learn to read players and bet patterns for the purpose of putting opponents on hand ranges. Make the appropriate calculations and judgements in the situation that presents itself. Perhaps, and only perhaps an occassional review of your stats will tell you whether your work is paying off.

OTH working on getting your stats to comply with an established "normal range" is totally bassakwards and will likely destroy your win rate and your confidence. Just something to think about that I hope will help you.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:27 AM

Bona, what I was driving at was that it is so much LIBERATING playing NL after LHE.

part of it is the threat of all-in bet. This threat makes me very patient.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:58 AM

I guess I misunderstood. At this point I am much more comfortable in limit. NL has all my orifices puckered [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I have a lot to learn!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM

DB,

full ring or 6 max? I routinely 10 tabled FR when I played FR, and would play 7 or 8 6max tables when I played SH.

FR is waaaaaay easier to mulitable, you can play tighter and not hurt you as much, and the action is just a lot slower. You get more FPPs at SH tho. I would start out at 6 tables of FR, and just add a table every little bit until it gets overwhelming. If you have a limit background youll do ok. I never really tightened up that much, I would just avoid marginal spots if I was involved with several hands at other tables, otherwise I just played my normal game. You'll get a little less than .4VPP/hand at a 1/2 FR table
Old 11-17-2007, 03:43 PM

FR

meh I tried it last night, dropped $200 in like 2 hours at 1/2. I suck at multitabling Limit.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DB,

full ring or 6 max? I routinely 10 tabled FR when I played FR, and would play 7 or 8 6max tables when I played SH.

[/ QUOTE ]

god you guys are crazy. I don't know how you do this. Is it just mental stamina that you build up by adding one table at a time?