Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: PBP: Renton Theorem zohmygod

ok, mods can you split this thread or just delete all the posts that are completely irrelevant to the topic? thanks
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i just think discussing the merits or limping AA is pretty irrelevant to the topic.

As far as how often to do it i would say less than 5 percent. Table conditions must be in place. Unless of course you have a lot of open limping in your game (i don't) in which you should do it significantly more (maybe like 20-25%).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, refusing to discuss the merits of the play, then telling me how often I should do it, isnt very helpful. Thanks anyway.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:09 PM

?

look, start a thread called "should i openlimp AA preflop" and i'll be glad to have a discussion. I gave you my thoughts on it, i just wanted the thread to stay on topic. What do you want?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, mods can you split this thread or just delete all the posts that are completely irrelevant to the topic? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen any objections to the core concept of your theorem. I don't know how many players are advocating calculating and maximizing EV on a street by street basis. That doesnt make much sense to me. The only difference in opinions are on some of the details you posted on, and you seem unwilling to discuss any further. So whats that leave to talk about?

Maybe just a expanding thought. Not only do i think that the decisions made on earlier streets affects EV on later streets, but i think information shared, decisions made on previous hands, affects the EV on future hands.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
?

look, start a thread called "should i openlimp AA preflop" and i'll be glad to have a discussion. I gave you my thoughts on it, i just wanted the thread to stay on topic. What do you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

no one has disagreed with ur core concept. What do you want to discuss?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen any objections to the core concept of your theorem. I don't know how many players are advocating calculating and maximizing EV on a street by street basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use my million hand trick to do just that when I'm 1/2-tabling. The million hand trick is just a mental tool for doing just that.

A to repeat the trick: "If I were in this spot playing these exact cards and getting this exact action from these players a million times over, what move makes me the most or loses me the least?"
Old 11-21-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Renton

I'm not going back through it, but I'll try and keep an eye on it and just kill dumb provocations and act against those pesristing with it from this point on.

Fair enough?

The rest of you: Don't asshat around.

fair enough?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:23 PM

[x] Thought provoking post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"If I were in this spot playing these exact cards and getting this exact action from these players a million times over, what move makes me the most or loses me the least?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thats is the definiton of EV right? I dont think that statement contradicts the ideas outlined in the OP. That is if you determine that representing a wider range of hands to your opponents will maximize your expected value in the hand, that is the best move. As I really don't know if the OP is making an important distinction about calculating EV street to street, verus the hand as a whole, I cant comment on that. Maybe he can elaborate?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you too should play HU$ROLLZ!

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you just admit that you are DLM