Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 05:45 AM

Default 200NL - Two pair gets 3bet on the turn, standard fold or weak?

Villain in this hand is 19/15/infinity over like 40 hands, I haven't seen him get out of line yet. I feel like his 3-betting range is crushing me, and his bet sizing makes it look like he definitely wants a call. Still though, I thought I should get some feedback on the hand, because it does feel a bit weak. Does anyone advocate taking a different line at any point? I know my turn raise is small, but I'm not really afraid of any draws and I want to keep him in with strong one-pair hands.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $245.55
Hero (BB): $320.20
UTG: $273.25
CO: $85.05
BTN: $239.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Flop: ($12) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00

Turn: ($32) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $23.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $140.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $80.00 returned to SB

Pot Size: $152.00 ($3 Rake)
Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Re: 200NL - Two pair gets 3bet on the turn, standard fold or weak?

fold pf

then fold the flop

turn fold looks good
Old 08-08-2007, 05:53 AM

^^ what he said
Old 08-08-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf

then fold the flop

turn fold looks good

[/ QUOTE ]

You think the preflop call is bad getting 2:1 in position in a blind battle where even a tight player will be opening a wide range of hands? Also, is the flop call that bad given that I have a pair and he is probably cbetting here with a lot of hands I beat? This is a bad board to double barrel bluff so I don't expect him to bet the turn unless he has me beat, so I think I can show my hand down cheaply a lot.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You think the preflop call is bad getting 2:1 in position in a blind battle where even a tight player will be opening a wide range of hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If you want a blind battle, reraise PF. Otherwise, fold. I'm folding A7s there, much less K7s. 2:1 is great and all in theory, but you aren't all in. What hands are you hoping to make? Ks with 7 kicker? 7 high flop? Flush doesn't come enough times for this to be worth it. You got 2 pair and folded (rightfully), that right there should tell you that playing K7 probably ain't all it's made out to be.

Fold every street as played.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a bad board to double barrel bluff so I don't expect him to bet the turn unless he has me beat, so I think I can show my hand down cheaply a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happened to your plan [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'd have to throw this away unless you get a read he think TPTK is the nuts here ...
Old 08-08-2007, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a bad board to double barrel bluff so I don't expect him to bet the turn unless he has me beat, so I think I can show my hand down cheaply a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happened to your plan [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I improved and now I'm beating a lot of his range that bets the turn. Obviously I'm pitching the hand on the turn if I don't catch a K or 7 and he bets again.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:01 AM

when someone with these stats as him raises preflop, this is a def call preflop - think of the amount of flops which he misses and you can either pick up on the flop or float and have on the turn - to fold a7s here is crazy - do people really do this? It makes you incredibly predictable and very easy to read for even an average player. That said, I would flop on the flop and to the turn 3bet here, but I think the turn is closer than people are thinking.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:08 AM

I disagree with your "amount of flops which he misses and you can either pick up and float and have on turn" statement. The villain is described as "19/15/infinity over like 40 hands" - 40 hands is small, but he doesn't seem like an idiot. If he's stealing, he's cbetting 'bout 100% of the time there, and probably throwing in some CRs the times that he really hits the flop good. What's our plan? To float him with K7 or even A7, every single time we pair a 7 and then make big bet on turn? I'll admit I'm fairly nitty, but this seems too far fetched.

Problem is, we still have no idea where we stand whether we hit the 7 or A. I'd rather do your described call/float plan with something like 87. You just aren't going to be making 2 pair or better enough times to make calling &amp; floating then raising profitable. There are better spots.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:17 AM

yes he will be cbetting 100% of the time, so why not float with air whenever the board is dry and uncoordinated ie 8 5 2, j 6 5 raindbow etc, and win it on the turn. frankdly if the flop is eg k 7 4 and i have a7 im often (if aggression = infinity) happy to call two streets , because very few people will fire three barrels.
basically, use pokerstove, work out the boards he is unlikely to have a piece of and exploit him. if he refuses to back down in these spots, then nit it up and stack him when you get a hand