Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Non-BCS bowl discussion

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that UF is playing in the capital one bowl (hopefully), maybe the outback. I think we'll either play the zookers (should be a fun one) or Wisky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wisconsin is confirmed in the Outback Bowl.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:42 PM

Rutgers coming up north to Toronto for the Int'l bowl ... I'll pickup tickets for this game, opponent TBD
Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 PM

Any Illini fans coming down to the Capitol One bowl if that's where they end up? I should be there if UF is.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some really good potential match-ups that I would look forward to seeing:

Capital One
(Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2) Illinois vs. Florida

Champs Sports
(ACC No. 4 vs. Big Ten No. 4/5) Boston College vs.
Penn State

I'm a Penn State grad, so of course I'm looking forward to seeing them play. I also always look forward to watching big ten teams play SEC teams. Always good games, and it was nice seeing PSU beat Tennessee last year, and laughing at all this SEC is light years ahead of the rest of college football talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've heard PSU is likely headed to the Alamo Bowl. If Illinois sneaks into a BCS game, they'll be in the CapOne Bowl.

PSU vs. Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl doesn't particularly excite me, but that's the most likely scenario at this point.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rutgers coming up north to Toronto for the Int'l bowl ... I'll pickup tickets for this game, opponent TBD

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the MAC team will be Ball State. I'm happy RU made it to a bowl but this is like a lose lose situation. It's another "soft" team and if Rutgers wins they should, but then there is that whole thing if they lose...at least its all by itself on that day(at noon right? if so...damn). I was hoping a night game at least for recruiting reasons. At least RU has 2 4 stars right now, hoping to get that 5 star RB from south Jersey.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 PM

If Miami Ohio wins the MAC championship game then it's my hunch that Ball State doesn't go to a bowl and it would probably be Bowling Green in the International Bowl instead.

If Central Michigan wins the MAC championship than Miami is bowl-ineligible and I think it would probably be Ball State to go to International.

CMU is favored in the game so you are kind of correct that it 'looks like' the MAC team could be Ball State. But I think it's far from certain.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:59 PM

MB,

I apologize for jumping the gun on Ball St. I was assuming that CMU was going to beat UM-OH and going through it I figured it had to be Ball St. I really don't know which team I'd rather see RU face, BGU or BSU.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the MAC team will be Ball State. I'm happy RU made it to a bowl but this is like a lose lose situation. It's another "soft" team and if Rutgers wins they should, but then there is that whole thing if they lose...at least its all by itself on that day(at noon right? if so...damn). I was hoping a night game at least for recruiting reasons. At least RU has 2 4 stars right now, hoping to get that 5 star RB from south Jersey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rutgers has 2 brothers who are local Toronto boys on the team (Westerman), apparently the youngest brother is going to be a freshman next year and R is one of the teams recruiting him. Good local story anyway - we don't have a tonne to offer in terms of talent, but the area is under recruited IMO.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:49 PM

I'm hearing Kentucky v. Florida State in the Music City Bowl.

Also a possibility of Kentucky v. BC/VT loser in Peach Bowl.

I would prefer the latter obv.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some really good potential match-ups that I would look forward to seeing:

Capital One
(Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2) Illinois vs. Florida

Champs Sports
(ACC No. 4 vs. Big Ten No. 4/5) Boston College vs.
Penn State

I'm a Penn State grad, so of course I'm looking forward to seeing them play. I also always look forward to watching big ten teams play SEC teams. Always good games, and it was nice seeing PSU beat Tennessee last year, and laughing at all this SEC is light years ahead of the rest of college football talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've heard PSU is likely headed to the Alamo Bowl. If Illinois sneaks into a BCS game, they'll be in the CapOne Bowl.

PSU vs. Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl doesn't particularly excite me, but that's the most likely scenario at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. I thought the rule was that, in the Big Ten anyway, bowls couldn't pick out of place by more than 1 game. That is, they couldn't take a 4-4 team over a 6-2 one, meaning that the Alamo can't take PSU if Michigan is available. Is this wrong?