Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-15-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to let this thread run its course for a while before commenting. It's been an entertaining one. I'm not here to try to change anyone's opinion of me. FutureDoc hit the nail on the head though when he noticed that all the people saying I suck are the microstakes nobodies with whom I've never played or met, and the guys vouching for me are 25/50 ballas like thegrumpyone or very successful tournament players with whom I've played thousands of hands. So many of you kids are just such haters. It goes without saying. I read these fu,cking forums and every other thread is one where you're trying to report someone's busto or your talking sh,it about someone. I haven't played much poker in 2007 nor have I had THAT bad of a year. It has been a losing one, but 90% of my 2007 losses are from live MTTs (all 40 of them...how do you like that sample size?). You would think I've had one of the worst years in history, however, because I'm honest about my results on my blog and there's a post about it every week here or on P5s. So many guys have had worse 2007s that have just gone under the radar. Every blog post is dissected word for word by the haters. I keep blogging though because for every post with hatred I see, I receive probably five emails from people saying how much they appreciate my honesty. In closing, some misconceptions to clear up after reading the thread because it seems people don't know much about me:

1) I haven't grossed the full $1.8M in on-paper live tournament winnings because of a deal I made. I'm a huge lifetime winner in this department though, obviously.

2) I have never played anyone's money but mine.

3) I am a fairly large lifetime winner in NLHE cash games. I killed 25/50 at Party and did quite well at Stars. I had a nice Stars bankroll, but I played super high stakes Chinese poker with Matusow, Roland de Wolfe, David Grey, etc in Australia and got crushed. I had to pay off the debts using my online money. I didn't learn my lesson and continued to play and had one more awful session playing HU criss-cross with a friend who was knowledgable abt Chinese and lost more of my online roll. This is probably the biggest mistake of my career because if not for this incident I would probably still be playing (and beating) 25/50 at Stars. I had no idea how to play the game when I played super high in Australia. lol at this fu,ck DCJ311 or whatever. I know Rob Mizrachi is the source you're talking about. I missed one straight flush when I was fu,cked up out of my mind at Commerce after coming back from a Clippers game. I realized right when I opened my hand that I'd overlooked a wheel straight flush and Rob pointed it out. It didn't happen again. It's funny because DCJ posted the same thing months ago in some other thread. I'm sure he's just some live nit grinder who is pissed at the world and all the young kids who make more money than him. In my blog post when I talked about "dabbling" in NLHE cash games, I used that word because I've been away from cash for a while. It's not like I'm brand new to cash games and just fu,cking jumped into the biggest game I could find with my tournament bankroll.

4) I am a big lifetime loser in high limit o8 cash games despite going on a $200,000 lucksack upswing upon first learning the game.

5) I am a small lifetime loser in the approximately 10 live cash game sessions I've played.

6) I have no intention of playing online MTT for a living. It is just too difficult and I don't have anywhere near the volume to tell if I could be one of the best. In fact, I am a loser on Stars over like 200 tournies but a big winner at FTP and UB. I am only playing online MTT at the moment bc I'm waiting on Five Diamond to get here in Vegas. My blog post may have come across as being pissed off about how I was running at online MTT. That's not the case at all. The stakes are micro compared to what I've played live.

7) I was a big (relative to stakes) winner at SnG way back in 2005. lol @ guy calling me breakeven SnG player.

8)If I continue to play poker full-time I'll probably just take up residence somewhere and grind NLHE cash games online. The idea of that is pretty disenchanting though, so its very possible I'll venture into another career.

9) You guys are silly if you don't think I read and study the game. My comment in my blog was just saying I should probably do it 5-7 hours a day if I really, really wanted to be at the top of my game. I'm not playing the game at this point to grind out the highest possible hourly rate. I'll be content with knocking off a tournament every now and then for six figures and getting a little better along the way.

10) I'm confused how anyone can attack me as a person. I've been completely honest all along the way and never, ever berated a player online or live. I don't even talk when I'm playing poker, so I don't see how I could upset anyone. It's funny because all the guys that do talk shi,t after dragging or losing a pot are kinda looked upon as heroes, and I'm a douchebag.

11) I'm not even close to busto and still have more money than I know what to do with, so the haters can quit stroking their co,cks fantasizing about the idea of me being broke [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I simply think I could lead a more interesting, more enjoyable life in another field. Thus, I might do that.

I think that's all I've got. Hate on.

SS

[/ QUOTE ]

douchebag. <font color="white"> jk bro, you know I love you, don't quit poker </font>
Old 11-15-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

douchebag. <font color="white"> jk bro, you know I love you, don't quit poker </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Shannon is also rumored to be coincided.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny because DCJ posted the same thing months ago in some other thread. I'm sure he's just some live nit grinder who is pissed at the world and all the young kids who make more money than him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems accurate. Looking at his recent posts 90% of them appear to be hating on players like durrrr, ZeeJustin and Shannon. But it's cool because he has talked to Nick Schulman which he brings up in every post where he's not hating.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shannon is also rumored to be coincided.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Read the thread.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:32 PM

A regular kid, slightly unrealistic, gets disheartened by grind of job. No part of this is news.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:43 PM

Ok.

So somebody who 'kills' 25/50 cash is quitting poker because he didn't accomplish anything in 40 donkaments.

Ok.

lol
Old 11-15-2007, 03:45 PM

i also fail to see the logic that you stopped playing cash while you were killing 25/50 to pay Chinese loses with your online money

surely if you were killing these games wouldn't it make sense to put some money back in????
Old 11-15-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the big issue I get from this post is how much live poker can suck in the sense that it takes so long to get to the long run that its easy to get disheartened along the way. Thank gods for the internet. Even though someone like ansky or daryn could have been stuck 4 months into the year they will almost never have a losing year whereas in live MTTs you can be the best player in the world and go over a year as a losing player easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need to define what the long run is. I think the long run is from the time poker was invented to the time poker will cease to exist. Since no one will ever be able to figure out what the long run will be you can't say that people are winners "over the long run" because they aren't. It's absolutely impossible to be a winner over the long run because nobody will play "over the long run". Maybe that makes sense or maybe I need to smoke some kush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can know if someone is a long term winner before actually seeing them reach the long term.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the big issue I get from this post is how much live poker can suck in the sense that it takes so long to get to the long run that its easy to get disheartened along the way. Thank gods for the internet. Even though someone like ansky or daryn could have been stuck 4 months into the year they will almost never have a losing year whereas in live MTTs you can be the best player in the world and go over a year as a losing player easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need to define what the long run is. I think the long run is from the time poker was invented to the time poker will cease to exist. Since no one will ever be able to figure out what the long run will be you can't say that people are winners "over the long run" because they aren't. It's absolutely impossible to be a winner over the long run because nobody will play "over the long run". Maybe that makes sense or maybe I need to smoke some kush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can be pretty sure if someone is a long term winner before actually seeing them reach the long term.

[/ QUOTE ]