Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Heroes Finale 5/21

future peter and futures sylar's fight (most of which we didn't see) was a lot better than the finale fight.

in fact, there were about three really good episodes of the season, but the finally was mediocre.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
future peter and futures sylar's fight (most of which we didn't see) was a lot better than the finale fight.

in fact, there were about three really good episodes of the season, but the finally was mediocre.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol was about to post this, the fight that we didn't see was better than the fight we did see.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:40 AM

OK so:

1- We did not need a stupid flashback/revalation/dream/whatever sequence. Plz spend that time making final fight more awesome. That was just horrible and anticlimatic. Maybe the show takes off and they get a decent budget this year, because that should have been 500x more badass. For a guy who has been pretty cunning with his powers, Sylar was just WAY retarded in his approach. Maybe we're supposed to think that he was on some fatalistic "I'm going to die" [censored] and just wanted to take Peter and a bunch of other folk out with him, but I don't think we saw enough to get there.

2- I did like Peter's "LOL I AM STRONG NOW, I GOT THIS" moment and Claire's escape plan.

3- PLZ TO BE DYING PARKMAN. Also please to be [censored] the hell off Mohinder. You are both boring, badly acted, and even more horribly written. Especially [censored] off anti-body plot.

4- There's a guy who reviews comics (Paul O'Brien) who points out that it's always a bad sign when the characters start complaining about the plot. Nikki's "why didn't you phase through that bullet" moment was one of those. Given that DL appears to live, wtf was the point of making your show look retarded by shooting him in the first place?

5- So should we ignore all the hints about what my girlfriend the shapeshifter looks like from last week? It woudl appear her reality manipulation went away when she got knocked out/died, but she's still looking like her hot ass self (this is actually a good thing, but still, wtf writing).

6- At least explain to me why Peter didn't at least think about trying to fly himself into space (btw, that dude is SO not dead). A lot of problems, especially in this ep, with the plot moving forward only because the charactes are really dumb.

7- Claire thinks the fate of the world is at risk, and yet comes along with Nate and Cliche Mommy Type without being tied up or anything?

8- After all the build up, I want more out of Hiro. Yeah, he killed the dude and then needed to get shunted off into the past for the battle of the Asian dudes in funny shirts, but a little more melodrama plz, so slow mo, something more badass than poke-shove-bamf?

Just a very frustrating ending. I've always maintained that this was a bad, but entertaining show. Last night wasn't even entertaining.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 AM

All you need is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVV VVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All you need is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVV VVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, i started singing this just as Nathan flew in and saved the day. I didn't stop laughing for a solid minute.

As a side note, anybody watch the Deal or No Deal shortly before the show? The dude had 25, 10k and 1 mil. Went for it, and lost the mil. His wife 'fainted', then he opened his case and was stuck with 25 bucks.

Worst part was Howey explaining how what he did made him a hero (i think the Soldier wearing a medal that opened the case might have been a little pissed at the association) and then because of his heroism in being a typical greedy do-nothing-want-everything stereotypical American he gets a free Jeep from Chevy.

seriously, when he lost the million, i was crying from laughter. Very very funny stuff.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Worst part was Howey explaining how what he did made him a hero (i think the Soldier wearing a medal that opened the case might have been a little pissed at the association) and then because of his heroism in being a typical greedy do-nothing-want-everything stereotypical American he gets a free Jeep from Chevy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he got the free Jeep for jumping on the subway tracks and savings someone's life.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 AM

For those thinking Heroes will get a bigger FX budget - stop dreaming. NBC gave this show plenty of a budget, and this is what they came up with. I'm as big a Heroes fan as anybody, and the last 20 minutes were super disappointing.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he got the free Jeep for jumping on the subway tracks and savings someone's life.

[/ QUOTE ]

well don't i feel like a prick. I guess i should be used to it by now.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i dont know if anyone posted this but isnt it obvious that the ultra villian is the black guy that peter was talking to on the roof. The girl said she doesnt want to find him b/c he can see her or whatever, kinda like he brought peter back from the coma. Also, he convinced peter that new york could be saved, i guess opening up for worse to come

[/ QUOTE ]

you do know the black guy on the roof died in like the second epsiode right?

[/ QUOTE ]

eh yeah but we dont know if he really died or what not. He was pretty alive to peter. The only other person that kinda makes sense to me would be petrelli's dad. Again another dead character but [censored] we dont know if these people are really dead. This ultra villian is going to be someone we had been introduced to before only a little bit but never suspected.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:20 PM

The finale was fine. I think some of you are expecting too much from this series. It's always been billed as "ordinary people with extraordinary abilities." It's not an X-Men movie and it's never been one through the entire run of the series. You're expecting some $200 million showdown between Spiderman, The Hulk, Batman, Superman and Wolverine all rolled into one. It's not going to happen in this series and it will never get to that point. We get short glimpses of people's powers and that's about it, if you think that will change then you should probably stop watching the series. This show has always been about people and not about ultra-cool superhero death matches.

The finale could have been a little better. It did feel a little rushed, but I'm really interested in seeing what will happen next year and were they go with it.

Hey one of my predications came painfully true - "Ando will die." Poor Ando suffered a fate worse then death -- he got sent back to Japan to live out a miserable existence working for some big company in a cubicle. The writers must really hate Ando.
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]