Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Odd / weird foods you eat, most people haven\'t heard of

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also same place and time frame were my favorite...saladitos which although were "candy" they were nothing but dried plums that were DRENCHED in salt. They were so salty my mouth waters thinking about them

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've had these. Aren't they really sour?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they are. You have to eat them super slow, in tiny bits, or just lick at them. But you tell people that and they pop the whole thing in their mouth anyway, at which point comes the LOLs.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also same place and time frame were my favorite...saladitos which although were "candy" they were nothing but dried plums that were DRENCHED in salt. They were so salty my mouth waters thinking about them

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've had these. Aren't they really sour?

[/ QUOTE ]

The kind we ate were not "sugared" at all and were EXTREMELY sour and you did have to eat in tiny bites. If you went to fast or "popped the whole thing in your mouth" your teeth would be aching all day. We also ate alot of this stuff down there.

Which was nothing more than lemon flavored salt. God, it was a miracle we didn't get more cavities
Old 09-25-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
creamed chipped beef.. ever since i was a little tot.. although i don't think it's weird/odd but some people are like huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

My family eats this but we always eat in on toasted white bread. The proper name is SOS, "[censored] on a shingle."

[/ QUOTE ]

Military family? My grandfather was USAF and my mom grew up with the stuff; consequently I did as well, much as I tried to avoid it.

Weirdest thing I eat is def cottage cheese and salsa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a military family per se but I think it may have come from my grandfather. Everyone was "military" in the 40s/50s [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

While it looks like a plate of festering disease, it is very tasty. Anyone who likes biscuits and gravy would dig SOS.

My grandparents and dad used to make scrapple from time to time. Now there's some nasty [censored] that grows on you.

I think scrapple is made from the stuff that IS LEFT OUT OF hot dogs, sausage, and spam.

Funny quote from Wikipedia:

Scrapple was featured on an episode of Taste of America with Mark DeCarlo. Upon entering the facility where Scrapple is produced, the host met with the public relations manager who gave Mark a somewhat ambiguous answer as to what Scrapple is. Upon the PR's invitation to "see what it looks like coming in" referring to the cuts of meat, the PR's superior stepped in and told the crew of the show that not only were they not allowed to film the room but that their tour of the facility was over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scrapple holy [censored]. My dad ate this all the time before my mom and I banned it from the house for his own good. Some Philadelphia [censored] right there.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:32 PM

freezer penis, human
Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 PM

Anyone ever try Rocky Mountain Oysters? Sounds disgusting. My friend just tried them (she's working out of Denver right now) - said they "tasted like anything deep fried, little chewy, put chili sauce on it".

-Al
Old 09-25-2007, 07:06 PM

I remember some episode of Fear Factor, the girl was saying they tasted precisely like you'd think they tasted -- which I guess means they tasted like a sweaty, hairy mouthful of cum or something. Course, maybe that gets better friend, but I'm kinda thinking not by much.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Special from issan ( north east thailand )

crickets, grasshoppers, cockroaches, water beetles, dung beetles, bamboo worms, scorpions, spiders and ant eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ate a grub (bottom right of that picture) when we were hanging out with some Hookers from Isaan and one of them bought some from a street vendor. It tasted like dirt. they gobbled that [censored] up.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I ate a grub (bottom right of that picture) when we were hanging out with some Hookers from Isaan and one of them bought some from a street vendor. It tasted like dirt. they gobbled that [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of protein in them little buggers.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 PM

roasted guinea pig in south america
Old 09-26-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is nothing odd or weird or unusual about jamaican patties

[/ QUOTE ]

I had never heard of these in my life before this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it odd that other people found this food to be odd, as they used to serve them to us fairly regularly for lunch in the New York City public school system. For a long time I thought they were an American food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard of it either although it looks pretty good to me