Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

confirmed with ap that there has been 5 accounts closed, one being doubledrag, not sure of the others. Security told me there was no evidence of collusion or improper playing that they could find. Because of the uproar of many people complaining they have shut his accounts..i dont know weather he cashed out or not.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:09 AM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice job of condensing all the relevant info without having to spend hours pouring through the other threads.

On a serious note: please be careful about the claims on Seif. He is a part owner on the site and to link him to a "super account" is very serious. I have no clue if its true, but the guy used to be an LA county District Attorney, so please give him the benefit of the doubt. Sorry for the emo stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

steel- I left in the mspaint because this is BBV and it's pretty funny and nobody is going to take it seriously.
The link to that other story I put in but could have left out. I put a disclaimer on it. There have been other disclaimers about it.
In hindsite I would have left it completely out (probably both parts) if I had thought this part of the discussion would continue/cause any problems.

I completely agree that any and all focus should be on determining is there was cheating and who had the cheating accounts and reimbursing those cheated, and not speculating on how specific people could be motivated to do it.
On that last part I have made zero guesses as to who it could be because I have no idea.
I'm just the bbv compiler in this case [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 AM

This is such a terrible solution if true from absolute.

Obviously they keep the money, since they hadn't been found to do anything wrong.

I would think absolute would spend more time before concluding their investigations so quickly...shutting down someones account who they dont think did anything wrong is just weird.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:13 AM

@scorer
so they confirmed they closed 5 accounts which are from their point of view candy-dandy and legit just because enough people complained about them?

just business as usual from absolute i guess.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
confirmed with ap that there has been 5 accounts closed, one being doubledrag, not sure of the others. Security told me there was no evidence of collusion or improper playing that they could find. Because of the uproar of many people complaining they have shut his accounts..i dont know weather he cashed out or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

More info on this report plz -- p.s. if u actually TALK to someone, all u need to do is refer them to the blatant romnaldo chip-dumping hands. I suspect that you just got that info from a lower-level guy looking to placate you, or telling u what he was told to tell inquiring minds. Thx for the report, but I'm not sure how much this adds to the situation. Pretty sure there's more to be found here.

@everyone else: I would really not give this report the imprimatur of Absolute's "official" statement on the matter. I've been getting emails from lower level Absolute reps telling me that "appropriate action" has been taken; I just write it off to the person writing the email being too junior to have any real info about the situation. Reserve judgment on Absolute's final resolution to this until we have a more official statement. Believe me: this matter is far from concluded.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
@scorer
so they confirmed they closed 5 accounts which are from their point of view candy-dandy and legit just because enough people complained about them?

just business as usual from absolute i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was thinking the exact same thing ..
Old 09-18-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: New cliffsnotes for old Absolute cliffsnotes thread

this [censored] is scary
Old 09-18-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ALL1N told me that he spoke to an AP security rep on the phone who told him that the accounts had been cleared of wrongdoing and were back in use. It seems none of the monkey-level staff at AP have any clue what's going on, which is business as usual.

If AP do try to just bury this, a forum boycott is probably in order. As adanthar said, salivating over the prospect of looser games at AP after savvier players leave is ridiculous. Getting cheated again will cost you a ton more than you'll make from the games being better, and if this kind of behavior from AP isn't punished then it will continue to occur.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a lot of things point to seif being involved in this,

[/ QUOTE ]
To clarify, by "a lot of things" you mean "a long-ago blog post that has now been recanted by the author of that post"?

[ QUOTE ]
one of the big reasons a lot of high stakes limit players moved to absolute was that mark seif was routinely dumping huge numbers in those games while simultaneously going off in chat trashtalking people

[/ QUOTE ]
this, of course, is proof of nothing.

[ QUOTE ]
He was the first person ever suspected of using access to players hole cards

[/ QUOTE ]
Why does the date of the accusation have any bearing on the guilt of the accused?

[ QUOTE ]
and now these accounts have popped up at what could reasonably be a financially hard time for seif with the legislation passed and only 1 big cash since his WSOP bracelet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have had no big cashes since the legislation. Does that make me a potential suspect?

Hell, I have never had a cash bigger than $US5k. Does that make me even more of a potential suspect?

Even if he is having a tough time financially (and, of course, there is no credible evidence that he is) that doesn't create any more evidence that he was scamming people.

[ QUOTE ]
How many people could these accounts really be?

[/ QUOTE ]
I suspect there are:
x many disgruntled ex-employees
y many dodgy current employees
z many hackers across the world who could do this
a many people who accidentally stumbled upon it
b many people with other opportunities that i can't think of off the top of my head.

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute is obviously doing it's best to pretend this never happened

[/ QUOTE ]
LDO.

The sun will also rise tomorrow morning.

[ QUOTE ]
and the accounts are now dumping back money into games trying to act normal, why would any OUTSIDE cheaters/hackers/ex programmers do that when they would expect to be shut down any day?

[/ QUOTE ]
Some hypothetical possibilities:
a) they don't expect to be shut down any day
b) they realise they're not likely to transfer much more money around with so much attention
c) they have stolen so much they don't really care about a few tens of thousands of dollars
d) they are dumping money to discourage further investigation

[ QUOTE ]
That's why i've been saying the owners of AP of which seif is the most high profile, need to be looked into.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course the owners of AP need to be investigated. There's no reason that this couldn't have been an inside job - but you're unfairly targetting a man with no evidence.

These sorts of seriously defamatory statements - you are accusing this man of running a massive international fraud and theft - deserve evidence before you make them.

If you believe Mark Seif is stealing money (as you seem to be "confident of your opinion") you have a civil duty to report him to your local law enforcement officials. Why have you not done so already? Why are you allowing someone you believe has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars walk free? Why have you not already called the FBI/Scotland Yard/the AFP/whatever?

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be the first to admit i'm wrong but i'm confident of my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
...An opinion with no credible evidence to support it.

It is possible that Mark was involved with this, in the same sense as it is possible, on the basis of what we know, for many other people to have done this.

Using his name, and accusing him of very serious crimes, is entirely unjustified.

on another issue, i just wanted to quote this for absolute poker's (alleged) stupidity:
[ QUOTE ]

Security told me there was no evidence of collusion or improper playing that they could find. Because of the uproar of many people complaining they have shut his accounts..i dont know weather he cashed out or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 06:53 AM

What I would actually be curious to find out is how many millions of dollars were taken out from AP because of this obvious bs. Are they a publicly traded company? Does their stock drop because of this?
Closed Thread