Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 10:23 AM

Default AKs gets called multiway and flops draw

1.20$/45

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 (t2645)
MP1 (t2030)
Fiksdal (t2240)
CO (t488)
Button (t2210)
SB (t650)
BB (t3577)
UTG (t1280)

Preflop: Fiksdal is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fiksdal raises to t150</font>, CO calls t150, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t120, UTG calls t120, UTG+1 calls t120.

Flop: (t765) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Fiksdal...</font>

What should be my plan, and why?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Re: AKs gets called multiway and flops draw

bet 200. This maximizes your value against any stray heart flush draws, since you're giving the illusion of having correct odds to draw. If you are raised in any spot - shove it. And call a shove, OBV.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet 200. This maximizes your value against any stray heart flush draws, since you're giving the illusion of having correct odds to draw. If you are raised in any spot - shove it. And call a shove, OBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a bet of 400 also accomplishes this, while at the same time increases our FE, and helps to build a bigger pot while disguising our hand.

I agree that our ideal goal is to either take it down on the flop, or get it all in on the flop. Our hand loses a lot of value if we get to a blank turn.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a bet of 400 also accomplishes this, while at the same time increases our FE, and helps to build a bigger pot while disguising our hand.

I agree that our ideal goal is to either take it down on the flop, or get it all in on the flop. Our hand loses a lot of value if we get to a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think we lose all that much value (if any at all) against another flush draw. And I think any pair will be raising us here because any pair is very vulnerable on this flop and will try to take the pot here and now from our weak-ass looking bet.

That said 400 is ok too, but I wouldn't go above that. Our hand DOES have quite a bit of value and just taking the pot at this point is probably not the best way to use it.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:36 PM

I think a bigger rather than smaller bet here is needed. Some one with a low pair on that board still beats you, and a bigger bet makes some one pay to draw on you. I'd rather get that hand heads up against some one on a draw.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think we lose all that much value (if any at all) against another flush draw. And I think any pair will be raising us here because any pair is very vulnerable on this flop and will try to take the pot here and now from our weak-ass looking bet.

That said 400 is ok too, but I wouldn't go above that. Our hand DOES have quite a bit of value and just taking the pot at this point is probably not the best way to use it .

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, this early I'm usually pretty happy to win the pot on the flop. We are A high vs. three unknowns. Bet 400 and see what happens. I agree with the 3-bet or call AI on this flop if it gets back to us.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:23 PM

I agree with most post so far, you bet 200-400, I'd go with 300 (2x your pf bet). There is basically no way you are folding this hand, but having 1 or 2 people fold increases your chance of an A or K on turn or river winning the pot. You would think someone has an overpair with this many in the pot.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:28 PM

Minimum equity here is 9 outs, maxing out at 15.

Getting a lot of weaker A's to come along that might've paired the flop, so you've at least got 12 outs, hearts and K's. If that's the case, less likely to see an ace fall on turn or river. Even if someone's flopped the nut straight, so what, you've still got 9 outs twice against that.

t500 with the intent of goin' broke here, perfectly happy taking it down with a forceful flop bet. Why mess around?

Edited to add: Wouldn't be shocked to see a set get all fancy with a c/r here. Gonna be priced in to call that and dodge the board pairs and spike a heart. Gotta have that heart.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:33 PM

I would just pot it and get the rest in on the turn. I might also overbet push.