Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Re: QQ Deep vs Ph1LLeDINGUE

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lead flop for $65, if he calls, lead turn for 3/4 pot. if he raises flop, 3bet...unless he has bottom set he most likely has nothing much and you have a weak image.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Villain's range preflop is almost ATC, certainly Kx and Ax are possible.

I dunno, db needs to provide more info about how villain is playing, but I think stacking off here for 200+ BB is very bad.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:46 AM

There's not that many options.

If he thinks you're tight, then bet. He's gotta give you credit for a big hand. If he calls the bet then I'm done with the hand.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:50 AM

db, if you get to the river, i think you MUST check to induce, and call.

even if he is thinking, the action you suggested makes it pretty clear that your hand is weak, and he will no doubt try to blow you right off of it.

If you think he has his bluff frequencies down really friggin good, and know that you can't call a river bet even though he's probably bluffing, and that you can't know if he would check behind worse than QQ here etc - then you should have folded the flop. but I think when he is playing this game he isn't looking to time his bluffs perfectly.

If he is anything like my tilt-load-ssnl-tables mode, he isn't trying to win money - he is trying not to just burn through buyins. but if you show weakness, he will pounce.

an easy way to know if i'm close in this is to see what his range is to call preflop reraises - I bet it's damn close to 100%, which means he is going to have to blow you off your hand. He isn't gonna call a raise with 57o just to check fold everything but an oesd or two pair.

on further reflection, i don't think i'd really want to mess around with the variance of calling him down so deep, so IRL i'm check/folding the flop.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just give up on the hand imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2006, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

c/r the flop and be done with the hand if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is what I like too.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:15 AM

pot the flop then c/f rest of the way if he calls

if he calls flop bet most likely he will check behind on the turn because he knows pot flop, CR/AI turn is a common play here with AA, KK and AK.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:07 AM

Db,

I've played with some of the 10/20 players when they are slumming it for fun too.

I c/c down here because I'm convinced it's +++ev. No wussing out though because it's likely to go pot/pot/pot. This assumes his range for raising/calling your rr is any 2 and he is auto 3 barreling. If he is mixing his bluffs up at all then I prefer c/r or c/f because he will likely make this hand unprofitable for you.

I think a c/r will stop you getting bluffed and is the best line if you don't want to invest alot here but c/c c/c c/c is worth so much more $$$$(it's just vry high variance).

Paul
Old 08-18-2006, 07:08 AM

Check-min-raise

And no, I'm not kidding.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:53 AM

It depends on just how loose his range is. The wider the better for you obv., but my guess is that c/c is not a profitable line here, because he will see it as weak and often fire 3 barrels, and you guys are deep enough/thats a bad enough flop that this will be ugly for you. I like bet/fold. C/f is terrible unless Phil has been an absolute maniac postflop, and it sounds like he hasn't been. I don't like CR as much because I doubt he actually sees you was a tight player (he's probably not paying attention) and so it won't convey as much strength as you might think. A CR is probably a profitable move with any 2 to be honest, but I think leading the flop and folding to a raise is better.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:05 AM

The problem I have with c/ring this flop is that he's not an idiot (actually he's supposed to be very good), a c/r doesn't garantee we won't be bluffed.