Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

Sherk is not gonna get cleared.

Hint: he's guilty.

Also on a interesting note Brock Lesnar is debuting in the UFC at UFC 81 against Frank Mir.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 AM

Kimbo fights Saturday. Not UFC obv but should still be interesting. Im sure it will show up online soon after
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Hahhahahahaa. Matt Serra just seems like such a joke of a coach compared to Hughes after the first episode.

During the fight, Hughes guy on top in guard, Hughes: "Move around so I can see what'd happening"

During the fight, Serra guy on bottom in side control, Serra: "OK man, OK, OK looking good!"

The submission, what a joke. He reset that triangle like 5 times to get it locked in.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad call dude
Old 11-07-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kimbo fights Saturday. Not UFC obv but should still be interesting. Im sure it will show up online soon after

[/ QUOTE ]

hey hey hey you cant name that kimbo is on that card without mentioning Nick Diaz , king of douchebags and also a kickass fighter.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also on a interesting note Brock Lesnar is debuting in the UFC at UFC 81 against Frank Mir.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter because Dana's stated that Sherk's gonna keep his belt regardless of CSAC's decision. I'm done giving Dana the benefit of the doubt. This dude is a schmuck.

Speaking of...the UFC didn't resign Yushin Okami, who's already signed to K-1 HERO'S. I understand that Yushin is more valuable to K-1, who probably offered him more than the UFC would have, if they even wanted him. But when your middleweight champion just ran roughshod over the entire division, Okami/Franklin fought in a very controversial fight before, and there aren't a lot of MWs available that you can sign...WTF are you doing letting the logical next challenger for the belt just walk away?

Brock Lesnar is fighting Frank Mir on the Super Bowl weekend card. I really like this match up, though its a dangerous fight for Lesnar.

There's some other interesting news that I'm forgetting about.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 PM

More Sherk news...

His hearing, which had already been rescheduled for Nov. 13th, has been move back again. No date has been set.

This is pretty [censored] awful.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter because Dana's stated that Sherk's gonna keep his belt regardless of CSAC's decision. I'm done giving Dana the benefit of the doubt. This dude is a schmuck.

Speaking of...the UFC didn't resign Yushin Okami, who's already signed to K-1 HERO'S. I understand that Yushin is more valuable to K-1, who probably offered him more than the UFC would have, if they even wanted him. But when your middleweight champion just ran roughshod over the entire division, Okami/Franklin fought in a very controversial fight before, and there aren't a lot of MWs available that you can sign...WTF are you doing letting the logical next challenger for the belt just walk away?

Brock Lesnar is fighting Frank Mir on the Super Bowl weekend card. I really like this match up, though its a dangerous fight for Lesnar.

There's some other interesting news that I'm forgetting about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Middleweight right now is the total opposite of 205. At 205, you have a bunch of guys trying to establish themselves to get a shot at Rampage (Griffin, Jardine, Evans, Bisbing, Liddell, Silva, etc) At Middleweight there is such a huge gap between #1 and #2 that I don't know what the answer is. Rich Franklin could have a gatekeeper role I guess, and Okami is pretty 'meh' (at least when compared to Silva) There's talk of Frank Trigg moving up to MW since he can't seem to crack the Hughes/GSP grip on welter. It seems the only thing I can hope for is for Dan Henderson to drop down to 185. Otherwise the division is going to be bereft of compelling matchups for some time to come.

While I'm here I'll make this prediction: If Brock Lesnar wins impressively against Frank Mir, look for a showdown with Tim Silvia for a shot at the heavyweight title.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More Sherk news...

His hearing, which had already been rescheduled for Nov. 13th, has been move back again. No date has been set.

This is pretty [censored] awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

the CSAC is pretty much a joke to everyone right now.

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5333

[ QUOTE ]
CSAC associate governmental program analyst Bill Douglas cited scheduling conflicts as the reasons behind the delay. The hearing has not yet been rescheduled, though Douglas said a replacement date for Tuesday, Dec. 4 is likely. To hold a CSAC meeting, a quorum of five of the seven board members must be present.

“Eleven different individuals need their schedule coordinated – not an easy task,” Douglas said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eleven people and they cant get their [censored] done, what in gods name are these people doing with their time?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Middleweight right now is the total opposite of 205. At 205, you have a bunch of guys trying to establish themselves to get a shot at Rampage (Griffin, Jardine, Evans, Bisbing, Liddell, Silva, etc) At Middleweight there is such a huge gap between #1 and #2 that I don't know what the answer is. Rich Franklin could have a gatekeeper role I guess, and Okami is pretty 'meh' (at least when compared to Silva) There's talk of Frank Trigg moving up to MW since he can't seem to crack the Hughes/GSP grip on welter. It seems the only thing I can hope for is for Dan Henderson to drop down to 185. Otherwise the division is going to be bereft of compelling matchups for some time to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

The middleweight and light-heavyweight divisions are polar opposites in the UFC. There are plenty of potential challengers for Anderson Silva, that Zuffa doesn't want for whatever reason.

I don't think Okami poses too difficult a challenge for Anderson Silva, but he's clearly the next logical #1 contender in-house (or formerly since he's gone now). I don't understand how you can say he is "meh" (unless you are referring to his style). He's 5-1 in the UFC with a close decision lose to Rich Franklin and 21-4 lifetime. That's a very solid fighter.

Actually, Dan Henderson is the obvious best fight for A. Silva in-house, but he's resisted moving down to 185 (though there are rumors that he might change his mind).

Other guys that could challenge Anderson Silva: Matt Lindland, Paulo Filho, Denis Kang, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Frank Shamrock, Robbie Lawler, Jason Miller.

Lindland and Filho are guys they could bring in RIGHT NOW if they wanted to. Lindland doesn't have an exclusive deal with anyone and Filho is the champ in the WEC.

Other guys on that list could have been had after the Pride acquisition or could be had if they loosen their restrictions about contracts they give to guys who get title shots.

[ QUOTE ]
While I'm here I'll make this prediction: If Brock Lesnar wins impressively against Frank Mir, look for a showdown with Tim Silvia for a shot at the heavyweight title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...Sylvia doesn't hold the belt? The rumors (and the only fight that make sense at the moment) are Nogueira/Sylvia at that same show as Lesnar/Mir. There's no way they'd let the belt (or an interim title if they are hard-headed about Randy potentially coming back) be up in limbo for that long by giving Lesnar a shot after Mir.

If Lesnar gets past Mir, no matter how impressively, I'd be pretty upset about him getting a title shot. Assuming Big Nog/Sylvia happens, Gabriel Gonzaga, Cheick Kongo, and Andrei Arlovski (another guy being [censored] in the butt because of UFC's idiocy with contracts) are all more deserving.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The middleweight and light-heavyweight divisions are polar opposites in the UFC. There are plenty of potential challengers for Anderson Silva, that Zuffa doesn't want for whatever reason.

I don't think Okami poses too difficult a challenge for Anderson Silva, but he's clearly the next logical #1 contender in-house (or formerly since he's gone now). I don't understand how you can say he is "meh" (unless you are referring to his style). He's 5-1 in the UFC with a close decision lose to Rich Franklin and 21-4 lifetime. That's a very solid fighter.

Actually, Dan Henderson is the obvious best fight for A. Silva in-house, but he's resisted moving down to 185 (though there are rumors that he might change his mind).

Other guys that could challenge Anderson Silva: Matt Lindland, Paulo Filho, Denis Kang, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Frank Shamrock, Robbie Lawler, Jason Miller.

Lindland and Filho are guys they could bring in RIGHT NOW if they wanted to. Lindland doesn't have an exclusive deal with anyone and Filho is the champ in the WEC.

Other guys on that list could have been had after the Pride acquisition or could be had if they loosen their restrictions about contracts they give to guys who get title shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okami is absolutely a solid guy (and yes the "meh" is mainly directed at his conservative fighting style) but IMO the talent gap is so large Anderson Sylva would absolutely decimate him. I think Rich is still the #2 185 guy but I doubt anyone (Franklin included) wants to see him get his ass kicked a third time. Agreed with the names you mentioned; of the list I think Filho right now makes for the most compelling matchup. I think we agree that if Dana is serious about maintaining interest in 185, he desperately needs talent infusion of at least some of the guys you listed.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...Sylvia doesn't hold the belt? The rumors (and the only fight that make sense at the moment) are Nogueira/Sylvia at that same show as Lesnar/Mir. There's no way they'd let the belt (or an interim title if they are hard-headed about Randy potentially coming back) be up in limbo for that long by giving Lesnar a shot after Mir.

If Lesnar gets past Mir, no matter how impressively, I'd be pretty upset about him getting a title shot. Assuming Big Nog/Sylvia happens, Gabriel Gonzaga, Cheick Kongo, and Andrei Arlovski (another guy being [censored] in the butt because of UFC's idiocy with contracts) are all more deserving.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify: I meant Lesnar would fight Sylvia with that winner getting a shot at the HW title (interim or not). At most Lesnar would need one more impressive win on top of Mir to fight in a #1 contender's match. UFC is obviously hoping they can bring Randy Couture back; they still consider him to be the champion. It certainly would be unfair to some of the journeymen guys you've mentioned that have paid their dues in the UFC, however I think Dana puts PPV buys way ahead of a strict title shot meritocracy. Lesnar's got the name power to warp right past the "dues paying" fights that most fighters need to endure.

That said, if Mir takes him to school this January, I bet Brock is relegated to "developmental" status and given a series of fights against UFC jobbers so he can further develop his skills and build his confidence some.
Closed Thread