Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Identifying other 2p2ers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Go to men's room.
Corner stall.
Tap your foot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought thats how to identify a republican, i am so confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a republican I'm greatly offended by your "joke". Larry Craig was railroaded, never had the opportunity to defend himself from this scurrilous accusation. If it had happened to a democrat you would would be up in arms over the violations of his rights. The only thing this very sad episode has taught us, is that foot tapping is how to identify a "Christian" Republican

Bada boom! I'm here all week, tip your waitress please...
Old 10-17-2007, 11:32 AM

My avatar is the same as the card capper I use while playing. I have been identified as 2+2er LVM quite a few times due to that. No real code. Just saying 2+2 out loud is often enough to get some head turns.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 PM

Last Sunday, Commerce 4/8. The guy in seat 5 is sitting there READING HEFAP between plays.

I start giving him grief. "Since I can see you haven't finished the book yet and your book isn't dog earred enough for you to be on a re-read, I guess you can stay." etc. He starts yapping about how Sklansky got his start at Commerce. I'm "oh, really...."

I offer, "I've heard they have a website." It was time to stop the jousting when he answered: "I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out."

So much for the bring your book to show your club membership theory.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its an estimate based on non-scientific measurements.

[/ QUOTE ]

So its useless?

Not to mention that 73.4385% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have this problem too. Plus at 51 I look fairly stupid saying "sup bro" to everyone I meet.

And I have no idea what the countersign is. Is it "sup bro" as well? Wouldn't anybody who is under 30 answer that anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

The countersign is "All-county in 95" for what its worth.

See the original to find out why "15 tackles for a loss" would do also.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 PM

I think I've got it. Next time I get c/r on the turn, I'll just look over at the guy and say, "sup bro?" Then I'll 3-bet his ass, and he'll hit his oesd or fd on the river. I'll say "nh", get up for a smoke break, and he'll know I'm 2p2. Sound about right?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Yeah, it's not his fault he "takes a wide stance"
Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 PM

Guys under 35 who look like they are attending a funeral until you ask to see their hand.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have this problem too. Plus at 51 I look fairly stupid saying "sup bro" to everyone I meet.

And I have no idea what the countersign is. Is it "sup bro" as well? Wouldn't anybody who is under 30 answer that anyway?

I typically just ask somebody who plays like they are thinking if they know 2+2. I try to do it quietly but one time a guy from across the table heard and said "2+2?, yeah I do that" fairly loud and it spawned a conversation in which more than half the table confessed to participating. And the one guy who was playing very poorly started mocking 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thoughts. Namely, how silly I might appear with a "sup bro"-hello at age 52, and how I'll interpret a "not much, bro" response.

Maybe someone should start a poll for the "Official Covert 2p2 Salutation."

Or, then again, maybe Snowball's right. I'll just spring for the #95 sup bro t-shirt and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its -EV to identify yourself as a 2+2 regular at a live game.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I typically just ask somebody who plays like they are thinking if they know 2+2. I try to do it quietly but one time a guy from across the table heard and said "2+2?, yeah I do that" fairly loud and it spawned a conversation in which more than half the table confessed to participating. And the one guy who was playing very poorly started mocking 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thoughts. Namely, how silly I might appear with a "sup bro"-hello at age 52, and how I'll interpret a "not much, bro" response.

Maybe someone should start a poll for the "Official Covert 2p2 Salutation."

Or, then again, maybe Snowball's right. I'll just spring for the #95 sup bro t-shirt and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its -EV to identify yourself as a 2+2 regular at a live game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty obvious to us who is what i call a 2+2 style player...aka your basic TAG player.

There are plenty of people who post here and don't play that style. Some are good, some are not.

And the live nits typically automatically downgrade anyone who plays or learned the game from a book/online. Against them, its probably +EV because you are exploiting their prejudices.