Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (10/8 - Mega Match)

What always amazes me about Phil Ivey is: "How does he know?" He has to be the best 'reader' I've ever seen. Some kind of 6th sense. Whenever there's a dry flop, he will bet out with even the worst hand and everyone folds. He just knew everyone missed. When Cunningham had JJ, and the flop came K9x, with Phil hitting the 9, he somehow *knew* Allan didn't have the K, and that if he re-raised the $5500 Allan bet, Allan would have to fold. How did he know that? How does he put out $15000 when he hits the 9 when Cunningham raised big preflop and a K hits the flop? Ivey lost that hand, but time after time, I see him make ridiculous reads. He senses weakness better than anyone I've ever seen.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 PM

well first of all, K high flops miss a lot of hands, second, ivey is gooood.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Cunningham seems like a guy with no one else at his lunch table. As far as I know, the other five players all play in the Big Game, and AC is more of a donkament player.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are all now dumber after hearing this comment
Old 10-11-2007, 03:17 PM

It's been fun to watch this week. I keep laughing when Barry and Phil talk.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What always amazes me about Phil Ivey is: "How does he know?" He has to be the best 'reader' I've ever seen. Some kind of 6th sense. Whenever there's a dry flop, he will bet out with even the worst hand and everyone folds. He just knew everyone missed. When Cunningham had JJ, and the flop came K9x, with Phil hitting the 9, he somehow *knew* Allan didn't have the K, and that if he re-raised the $5500 Allan bet, Allan would have to fold. How did he know that? How does he put out $15000 when he hits the 9 when Cunningham raised big preflop and a K hits the flop? Ivey lost that hand, but time after time, I see him make ridiculous reads. He senses weakness better than anyone I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can reveal Ivey's thought process:

When the ace hit on 4th st, he played with his chips. 4 to 1! 12 to 1! Which makes my 2 pair good! Er... unless I'm drawing dead. I'M ALL IN!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone catch Harman popping a pill? About 3/4 the way through part 2, after the TT8 flop. Ivey notices and comments to her, "you in la-la land, day dreaming?" Wonder what she's on.

[/ QUOTE ]

She has had a lot of health issues involving her kidneys. If i had to guess it's probably medicine related to that.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Cunningham seems like a guy with no one else at his lunch table. As far as I know, the other five players all play in the Big Game, and AC is more of a donkament player.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are all now dumber after hearing this comment

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I think most people's intelligence is more resilient than that. Obviously there are exceptions, as your post shows.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monte Carlo Millions clip is still classic to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfLXr3eSxs
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
"What it do, BBV" awesoooooome
Old 10-12-2007, 02:05 AM

No comments about Doyle's response to Shana's question about Harman?

Doyle basically says that the reason she hasn't been playing so well of late is because her hormones are still all screwed up from her pregnancy. Ivey gave a "whatchya talkin' about willis???" look. Classic.