Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 01:34 PM

Default EDF Wet Shaving Thread

I started wet shaving around 6 months ago as a result of my general unhappiness with my shaving routine and an OOT thread. I'm really enjoying everything about it - the quality of the shave, the lack of ingrown hairs, the morning routine, etc. I'm also one of those guys who enjoys skin products, etc, so having a whole new category of stuff to shop for and buy is right up my alley.

Things I have:

Art of Shaving shaving brush

$50 from the Art of Shaving

Merkur Long Classic Safety Razor

$29.99 from Classic Shaving

Ceramic Razor and Brush Stand

$39.99 from Classic Shaving

Brush, razor, stand. All pretty standard. The fun part, of course, are the products.

I was able to get a package of stuff from Art of Shaving for super-cheap from Costco. This is it:

It comes with a brush, shaving cream, pre-shave oil, and an after-shave balm. All of the products are excellent imo. Art of Shaving charges $100 for it, though, I doubt I'd use it much if I wasn't able to get it for $40 from Costco.

I haven't branched out all that far from that stuff, but two things I've tried and liked are:

Truefitt & Hill Pre-Shave Oil

$28 from Truefitt & Hill

and

Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Shaving Cream

$28 from Truefitt & Hill

Finally, I recently bought some products from the American men's grooming maker Jack Black. I'm not posting all that crap because I don't like it very much, especially the shaving cream. It's not as good as Art of Shaving and can't even touch Truefitt & Hill, which is the best I've used.

So there you have my wet shaving treatise. I'd like to know what other products people like and use, especially in the after-shave balm and moisturizer categories. I have very sensitive skin so I can't deal with stuff with too much alcohol in it. Finding good moisturizer is hard.