Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: 50NL; AA vs. known 2+2\'er

If you've already 4bet him a few times at the table, it's definitely possible he could be tightening up his 3bet range against you and call with a lot of the hands that he would normally 3bet with.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Just bet the flop. Tons of hands will float.

As played, I don' think he 3-balls anything you beat...but it's possible he has a PP and is trying to get you off a Q because you've played it so passively. mehhhhhh
Old 09-06-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've already 4bet him a few times at the table, it's definitely possible he could be tightening up his 3bet range against you and call with a lot of the hands that he would normally 3bet with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thought. I thought of that also...but I didn't give it much credit as I don't really believe he would do that after being 4 bet twice. IMO if anything he'd probably be more likely to get all-in pre-flop with AQ+,JJ+, maybe TT rather than just call me and then see a flop OOP.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:03 PM

i think your friend is wrong when he says that "everything else will just fold" on the flop. i think you will get floated here alot given that your villain has position and your history. it just looks like youre cbetting
Old 09-06-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think your friend is wrong when he says that "everything else will just fold" on the flop. i think you will get floated here alot given that your villain has position and your history. it just looks like youre cbetting

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Then if I bet turn he would fold though.

I guess it could be played bet flop. Check call turn. Then what on the river? Check call again? Bet fold? Off the top of my head I don't think I'd be deep enough for bet/fold....so check call. He's probably most of the time checking behind with anything I beat though, right? So maybe hero should bet........
Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 PM

The two points that mostly stand out to me about this hand are that,

1) I don't really know this villain in particular, but I do know that a 17/13 can definitely show up with more hands than just 22-88 here, especially with 4-betting history. He has position. He can have SCs, he can have TT-JJ some % of the time, and I would be surprised if he absolutely never has AQ.

2) Whatever his range is, and I think it's a lot wider than you say, it is silly to think that he folds everything to a standard cbet on that dry flop, or even to a 2nd barrel (since you probably fire a 2nd barrel on a board like that with some frequency). It is silly because your line is based on giving him credit for firing at least 2 barrels when checked to. But if he's aggro enough to do that, he's not just folding everything when you start betting.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:02 PM

vs good tag I probably fold on river. he has to put you on a hand also and you can esily have a very strong hand here des[ite taking a weak line.

Dont see him bettign all thre streets with a hand taht you beat on river

i cbet this flop nearly 100% with aces or sevens or ace jack

problem is ee witht his hand is that when you dont cbet this flop you sort of turn your hand face up. Unless you dont cbet this flop with a lot of other hands here
Old 09-07-2007, 12:27 AM

lego, PM me if you want to talk.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:32 AM

I've played with blackice numerous times and i can ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE he has a set here... easy fold.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 PM

Blind vs. blind here, you could be stealing and would cbet even if you missed right? You're range is really wide here and he knows it. I think he calls a lot more than you've given him credit for because of this.