Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: High-Stakes Poker Season 2

"I'll put the *censored* straddle on it, you little *censored*." [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2006, 06:54 AM

That 84 hand was amazing.

Daniel N was probably done with 76 on the KQQ board if Laak did anything but fold. He was playing way too tight to extract any smore money given Daniel N had 76.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:56 AM

The play is not as creative as last season so far, but this episode was at least better than the first one.

I don't know how much editing goes into this, but what happened to Antonio's game? He looked so good in the first season, mixing it up very well, playing against a much tougher opponents who were playing a hell of lot looser than Laak and company.
I thought if the table is tight, you should be more aggressive. For some reason Antonio is doing the exact opposite. I think the only hand he played strong tonight was the KK L/RR, which isn't really impressive, to say the least.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:58 AM

Did anyone else notice when Chaminara(sp?) busted out he picked up a stack of chips from the table and put them in his pocket? I'm guessing they were from his tipping stack, but wouldn't they have still been part of the all in?
Old 06-14-2006, 08:28 AM

Those are 5$ chips for tipping, they aren't a part of their stack.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those are 5$ chips for tipping, they aren't a part of their stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

He bought in for $100k, right? It's almost sadder to watch a guy walk away with $45 in tipping chips, than it is to see him walk away with nothing. Then again, he's probably got more money in his seat cushions at home, than I do in my bank account.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Davey. reducing variance is pretty much what I figured they were doing. so say they agree to run the entire board twice and the pot is 100K. does it get split up into two 50K pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

When they run it twice, do the pots get split into two 50K pots?? If not, then why would the dog ever want to run it twice??

[/ QUOTE ]

The underdog would want to run it more than once as it increases his chances of splitting. If you were a 3% to win you would pay to run it twice on the off chance that you got a split and saved all your cash.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Davey. reducing variance is pretty much what I figured they were doing. so say they agree to run the entire board twice and the pot is 100K. does it get split up into two 50K pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

When they run it twice, do the pots get split into two 50K pots?? If not, then why would the dog ever want to run it twice??

[/ QUOTE ]

The underdog would want to run it more than once as it increases his chances of splitting. If you were a 3% to win you would pay to run it twice on the off chance that you got a split and saved all your cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't favour either player, just reduces variance. I don't get why people can't understand this.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

400 posts and you don't understand this concept. Jesus.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The play is not as creative as last season so far, but this episode was at least better than the first one.

I don't know how much editing goes into this, but what happened to Antonio's game? He looked so good in the first season, mixing it up very well, playing against a much tougher opponents who were playing a hell of lot looser than Laak and company.
I thought if the table is tight, you should be more aggressive. For some reason Antonio is doing the exact opposite. I think the only hand he played strong tonight was the KK L/RR, which isn't really impressive, to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience, my friend, patience. Wait until show 4. You'll get your fill of Antonio.