Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Re: BD\'s 15 Worst Franchises in Sports

[ QUOTE ]
BobOjeda,
I guess your ignoring the fact that they have one of if not the best run farm system in the majors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, considering that's is 100% luck, yes I'm ignoring that. lol
Old 10-30-2006, 09:44 PM

the florida marlins have won 2 ws in the last decade. that's more than some franchises have ever won. and they did it in a terrible baseball market without losing millions.

jeffrey loria is a terrible owner and i'm sure he'll ruin the team, but they've been one of the best franchises of the last decade.

the chicago blackhawks are far and away the worst franchise ever. the boston bruins are probably #2.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:45 PM

49ers? Oh man, what a silly list.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:52 PM

OP,

Eff the haters. The list is somewhat flawed but a decent effort.

Anyway, I think the Cardinals should hold #1-5 on your list, then you can move on to another team. As long as they are owned by the Bidwills they will bask in revenue sharing and spend the least amount of money possible. The Blazers are just in a funk but were very good throughout the 90s and into this decade.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:54 PM

WTF? Portland #1? Dude, this list does blow, because your explanation for this being #1 is asinine. Most people would immediately say Arizona Cards, KC, and sans last year, the [censored] Clippers.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This list is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. No hyperbole at all...this list is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

psh. please. post yours then. feel free.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone knows mine

1. NFL Cardinals
2. Chicago Blackhawks
3. Chicago Bears
4. Chicago White Sox
5. Chicago Cubs
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 PM

Bullet Dodger, I guess I am retarded too because I could not tell if you meant all time or recent years. This needs to be clearly stated for you to have a conistent list. But if you meant historically or in recent years you cannot include the Dodgers. They have been successful recently, historically and because of their great farm system there is reason to belief they will continue to be successful.

I think that the Marlins are increadibly well run. They understand very well that because of their payroll they cannot compete every year and cannot afford all of their stars players once they reach free agency. Thus they get good value for players about to become free agents, and 'sell off' the team in order to put them selves in a position to be very competative with cheap young talent every couple of years.

This Marlins team is going to be very good in a couple of years because of their large amount of very good cheap young pitching. Other teams try to keep some of their star players, over pay for them and do not put themselves in a position to ever be competative.

Here is a very good article about it.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...he-marlin-way/
Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you read the original post and can not tell, then your retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]I just re-read it twice and still can't tell...guess I'm just retarded.

P.S. you+are = you're...always nice to see this mistake when someone is insulting someone else's intelligence.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Florida Marlins are one of the worst run organizations ever, but no one has noticed because they got lucky, twice.

In 1997 the won the WS and immeidtaly disbanded basically the entire franchice. In 1998 traded for/re-traded Mike Piazza as part of a complicated salary dump...

In 2003 they did the exact same thing with Mike Hampton to dump Preston Wilsons salary, didn't make any serious attempts to improve the team but randomly had some good pitchers come up and made a token signign of Pudge as another WS fell into their larp.

They of course let everyone go withing 2 years, creating an eventual team of 12 year olds to play in 2006 which again somehow went over .500. However despite this they fire their manager.

The current owner is Jeff Loria who basically bankrupted the Expos. This entire organization is an absolute joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have spent little money and still been competitive and won championships...isn't that the ultimate goal in sports?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bullet Dodger, I guess I am retarded too because I could not tell if you meant all time or recent years. This needs to be clearly stated for you to have a conistent list. But if you meant historically or in recent years you cannot include the Dodgers. They have been successful recently, historically and because of their great farm system there is reason to belief they will continue to be successful.

I think that the Marlins are increadibly well run. They understand very well that because of their payroll they cannot compete every year and cannot afford all of their stars players once they reach free agency. Thus they get good value for players about to become free agents, and 'sell off' the team in order to put them selves in a position to be very competative with cheap young talent every couple of years.

This Marlins team is going to be very good in a couple of years because of their large amount of very good cheap young pitching. Other teams try to keep some of their star players, over pay for them and do not put themselves in a position to ever be competative.

Here is a very good article about it.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...he-marlin-way/

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! I actually think they might be the best run organization in all of pro sports. I can't believe that they were mentioned as one of the worst.