Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what's yer score?
825+ 24 11.37%
775 - 824 53 25.12%
725 - 774 70 33.18%
675 - 724 29 13.74%
625 - 674 13 6.16%
0 - 624 22 10.43%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Any other NFL boycotters? Do you miss it?

[ QUOTE ]
arrogant millionaire thugs

Either you're a sports fan or your not. But not watching because somehow the amount the athletes get paid offends you is idiotic. How much people get paid for whatever it is they do is just a market, not a referendum on their human worth. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish there were an open NFL regulated betting market. I don't even sports bet, but if it existed, they'd stay outta my business.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
arrogant, violent, uneducated, thugs

Either you're a sports fan or your not. But not watching because somehow the amount the athletes get paid offends you is idiotic. How much people get paid for whatever it is they do is just a market, not a referendum on their human worth. Get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it is a referendum on their human worth in that they are by and large uneducated violent arrogant street thugs. I am perfectly fine with leaving the millionaire part out of the equation. And I stand by the point that spending one's time watching such a backward brutal simplistic activity is a pathetic and sad way to spend your leisure time. Although it is assumed that such a person who enjoys watching such a brutish and backward event such as a professional sporting event is self evidently a brutish and backward person themselves and is obviously the reason why they enjoy such an event. You need to get over the fact that pro sports is for brutish uneducated people.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:33 PM

You need to get over the fact that pro sports is for brutish uneducated people.

Meh. Odds are since I have a masters degree and speak 5 languages that I'm more educated than you.

But I did play linebacker in HS (though I'm not in supbro's league [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), so for the "brutish" part, I stand guilty as charged. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 01:36 PM

The nfl is rigged just like pokerstars, the refs have been outa control for a long time now. There's no reason why plays can't be reviewed properly and the correct call made everytime. The technology is available to do it, they for some reason choose not to.

I'm also really tired of listening to the guys in the booth making better calls than the idiot refs.

That's why I don't watch anymore.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
arrogant millionaire thugs

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish there were an open NFL regulated betting market. I don't even sports bet, but if it existed, they'd stay outta my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The NFL continues to be in denial (publicly at least) regarding the fact that their financial success is at least in part directly related to gambling.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No, but it is a referendum on their human worth in that they are by and large uneducated violent arrogant street thugs. I am perfectly fine with leaving the millionaire part out of the equation. And I stand by the point that spending one's time watching such a backward brutal simplistic activity is a pathetic and sad way to spend your leisure time. Although it is assumed that such a person who enjoys watching such a brutish and backward event such as a professional sporting event is self evidently a brutish and backward person themselves and is obviously the reason why they enjoy such an event. You need to get over the fact that pro sports is for brutish uneducated people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should get over yourself and realize that sterotypes and generalizations don't prove anything but the ignorance of the speaker. Also, you'd do well to consider that people like you, who think they can characterize a person's worth by what they pursue as a profession or enjoy in their leisure time, is the exact reason why the UIGEA was proposed and why this particular forum has to exist in the first place.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:51 PM

Nice timing for this thread...I received a reply (if you can call it that) from the NFL today:

---------------------------------------

September 24, 2007

Dear Engineer:

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your views.

We recognize your concerns and will do everything possible to ensure that the NFL continues to be the most competitive, popular, and respected sports league.

We always appreciate hearing from fans. Your comments are very helpful and will be shared with others in the NFL. It is through comments like yours that we are continually able to improve.

Most importantly, we appreciate your tremendous interest in and support of the NFL.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Pordon
NFL Public Relations

--------------------------------

WTF!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Screw them and their non-response. Boycott on!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

still sitting alone at lunchtime? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm sorry.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:44 AM

First off I will say I do miss watching the games a little.
However, I will continue to boycott the NFL, and anyone who enjoys playing poker or personal freedom should do the same just out of principle.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
arrogant, violent, uneducated, thugs

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a freaking snob!

Sports for brutish uneducated people, and their use by "millionaires" have been around since almost the begining of time in some metaphysical way.

We get your opinion and so what?

If you want to boycott the NFL for any reason all we ask is to tell the NFL you're doing it because you play poker.

If you do happen to write a response to this post or even consider writting the NFL in some support of the effort please remember both your audience as well as the message you are trying to impart.

Thank you for playing,

D$D