Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Baby-killin\' sadist

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest with you txag, I'm just funning with him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh-huh. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Tough Questions about Christianity

[ QUOTE ]
that Man was molded from dirt, Woman from his rib, and that a talking snake tricked them into damning all Mankind for eating a piece of fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well when you say it like that it just sounds ridiculous [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Notready is being so inconsistant here alone... he says if there were errors in the Bible he would question his beliefs. Then avoids discussing the many many errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm avoiding nothing other than irrelevant posts that have no content.

My expericence on this forum is it's the atheists who run away screaming with their hands over their ears.

As to SitnHit, I explained that Mormonism was a slam dunk long before he showed up here. You would make a great Little Richard (Dawkins).
Old 03-06-2007, 05:29 PM

The one that really speaks to me is:

What kind of God deems that those that believe in him get eternal salvation and those that don't get eternal damnation when there is a complete lack of evidence he exists?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Notready is being so inconsistant here alone... he says if there were errors in the Bible he would question his beliefs. Then avoids discussing the many many errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm avoiding nothing other than irrelevant posts that have no content.

My expericence on this forum is it's the atheists who run away screaming with their hands over their ears.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe someone posted to you a list of errors and you basically said they had to research all the Christian apologists responses before you would talk further. So you basically dodged responding to the countless errors in the Bible.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More faith based statements I'm sure! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually, the atheists seem pretty consistant to me in trying to speak rationally with the theists. Its the theists who usually up and run when they get frustrated because people expect them to be reasonable: Theist running with hands covering his ears yelling "I can't hear you, I can't hear you..."
Old 03-06-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe someone posted to you a list of errors and you basically said they had to research all the Christian apologists responses before you would talk further.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is part of the problem. You get almost nothing right.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe someone posted to you a list of errors and you basically said they had to research all the Christian apologists responses before you would talk further. So you basically dodged responding to the countless errors in the Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to put words in Not Ready's mouth, but most of what you guys repeatedly refer to as "the countless errors in the Bible" have reasonable explanations which can be found on numerous apologetic websites. Why should we rehash all that here when you could just look it up?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I believe someone posted to you a list of errors and you basically said they had to research all the Christian apologists responses before you would talk further.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is part of the problem. You get almost nothing right.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say so. You simply saying I'm wrong is about as substantive as all your replies in this thread. At least you're consistant.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to put words in Not Ready's mouth, but most of what you guys repeatedly refer to as "the countless errors in the Bible" have reasonable explanations which can be found on numerous apologetic websites. Why should we rehash all that here when you could just look it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

And most of us have already shown why one apologetic's argument or another are fairly consistantly illogical. Usually, at some point, the theist turns to arguments about having to have Faith and such because at some point they can't make a rational argument that doesn't involve Faith.

But... when discussing something on a forum, rathar then referring someone to vagule research all the work of apologists over a lifetime, it makes more sense for the person in the debate to present the argument they think is strongest and then people can discuss the merits of that argument.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Why does god hate amputees?

He cures cancer and other diseases through prayer but he never answers the prayers of amputees. Why is that?