Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: DEEP Stack Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing some of the players that will definitely play this tournament - I would be shocked if there is not at least two exits in the first 20 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just convinced me to go i believe...Im thinkin about playing the 6max, omaha, and possible ME if i run good in one of the others or satt into it. With the small feild size caps, how late do u think i can wait to register? Any suggestions on hotels and what to do around there?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good lord that Borgata tournament is ridiculous. Someone could fold the entire first day and be left with 42000+ chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was ridiculous. i never got over 81k and made day 3 lol.

aaron been ended up chopping HU with joe cappello last night, he got ~$200k.

edit: i got to 80k in the 75/150 level playing this hand. raised utg to 550 with 99. bb calls.

flop 9s 6s 2x

bb checks, i bet 1k, he minraises to 2k, i reraise to 7k, he makes it 15k, i jam my last 33k in and he snap calls with 66
Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 PM

Wow the Irish like to start late. Wrap up the day at 5:15am wtf? Does everyone really need that much time to get over the hangover?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: i got to 80k in the 75/150 level playing this hand. raised utg to 550 with 99. bb calls.

flop 9s 6s 2x

bb checks, i bet 1k, he minraises to 2k, i reraise to 7k, he makes it 15k, i jam my last 33k in and he snap calls with 66

[/ QUOTE ]

good lord, finally a hand where I think you can actually fold middle set to a 5 bet
Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow the Irish like to start late. Wrap up the day at 5:15am wtf? Does everyone really need that much time to get over the hangover?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's at 7 so people can play after work, but who the Hell would work all day and then play in a $3K tournament.

I guess the cash games start in the evening and run to late at night, so maybe the local pros are used to that schedule.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

But really - it allows people to travel to the event on the day // get some work in during the day (non pros like myself bring the value ya know).

You won't find any live action in Ireland during the day. 8pm - 10am for cash games in all clubs.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Knowing some of the players that will definitely play this tournament - I would be shocked if there is not at least two exits in the first 20 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just convinced me to go i believe...Im thinkin about playing the 6max, omaha, and possible ME if i run good in one of the others or satt into it. With the small feild size caps, how late do u think i can wait to register? Any suggestions on hotels and what to do around there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would leave it till a couple of weeks after Christmas at the latest. The D'Hotel in Drogheda is like a two minute walk away from the club.

Get to Dublin Airport --> Bus to Dublin City Centre --> Get to Connoly Station in town centre -- > train to Drogheda --> 2 min taxi or 15 min walk to D' Hotel.

Not a whole lot to do in Drogheda other than the pub I'm afraid.