Seat 3: MP2 ($72.49 in chips)
Seat 4: MP3($9.15 in chips)
Seat 5: CO ($24.97 in chips)
Seat 6: Button ($9.25 in chips)
Seat 7: SB ($24.75 in chips)
Seat 8: BB ($5.02 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero ($17.70 in chips)
Seat 10: UTG+1 ($15.98 in chips)

Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.00, <font color="red">UTG+2 raises to $4.80</font>, 7 folds, Hero calls $3.80, UTG+1 calls $3.80

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($15.05) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($15.05) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.00, UTG+2 calls $1.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($18.05) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets all-in for $10.18</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls $10.18

Pot Size: $38.41 ($1.90 Rake)

P.S. Is there any hand converter for cryptologic omaha hand histories ?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Standard hand, no reads

There's no way I'd check this river.

Your hand is just too big to check and without a read, and with only 2 opponents, I think you are taking a risk by checking as they both might check it right behind you (which I why I wouldn't want to attempt the checkraise play, because, checkraising is for when we have really good reads on our opponents and we can count on them to bet). Also, because neither one of them played back at you at any point, makes it less likely that they will bet the river when you check. Of course, this wasn't the case this time, and you were very fortunate (you didn't think you were getting 1/4'd did you?...hence the check?)

I would make another follow-up bet on the river and I'd probably go ahead and bet pot or close to it. You have no reason to think that they will not call this bet seeing how they both obliged on all the other rounds of betting.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:04 PM

My question to you&lt; With the "LOCK" low and a str8 on the 'Turn,' Why are you mini-betting &amp; waiting for the river to get in a raise? You let UTG+2 fold the river for a cheap chase. They checked the flop because they were scared.

Next, question: With the virtual lock low-draw and GS-str8 draw on the flop, after calling a raise, the Pre-flop action, why are you checking the action with two callers? Are you trying to give the pot away or let them chase on the cheap?

Maybe you're playing scared?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:24 AM

I would bet the turn hard. You don't want to let someone draw to a better straight or a diamond flush.
Betting the flop hard would also be good in my opinion given the stack sizes. If you were a lot deeper then checking to try to control pot size might be better, since you don't have much high potential on the flop.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:50 AM

Granted, your perspectives to win the high side of the pot are not great, but you have counterfeit protection for your low draw and you have only $13 left to bet in a $15 pot. Taking fold equity into account as well, this is an easy push on the flop for me.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:21 AM

I'm not sure push is right (or wrong), depending on whether the player in the middle will call a bet ... but I don't see there being any fold equity here and don't think fold equity can be a consideration in determining whether a bet is correct.