Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Heyman: Miggy is on the block.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kennedy + Cano + Melky + Some good prospect I don't know about...how short of cabrera is that

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah now that's way too much

[/ QUOTE ]
k take out that prospect I don't know about then... or kennedy if possible

[/ QUOTE ]
Trades like that don't happen. So, the Yankees are going to give up 2 of their very good young position players who are starters right now, and a good young pitcher that will likely make the rotation, to fill 1 spot in the lineup? Unlikely.
As for the other side, the Marlins really only need starting pitching, Cano and Melky are very good and they would probably take that exact trade as it is obviously in their favor, but if you remove anyone it's no longer worth it.
Would Cano even play 3rd? The Marlins have a 2nd baseman, as well as several options for CF. They need starting pitching and that is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the trade would be good for the yankees and I've explained why in detail so i disagree with you there... but you had some good insight from a marlins perspecive.

In my opinion cano would make a good 3b, but I'm no exper

I know nothing about their CF situation, but melky would be a better corner outfielder anyway.. he has a thick body type and will probably get wider as he ages

Kennedy is a pitcher

basically my question is, you really don't think the marlins would do this? Unless kennedy becomes an Ace this would definately benefit the yanks, and for the marlins they're getting mroe overall talent, for less price...makes sense for both teams