[/ QUOTE ]

robbed from the local baptist church imo

seriously... exact same chairs, only in blue, at my church
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Thanks Taso.....

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me about those great chairs UMTerp

[/ QUOTE ]

I started a thread about a month ago for them - I'm sure you can find it with a search. They work fine, look pretty good, and were inexpensive (~$25 apiece or so, pluys about $60 total shipping.) www.bizchair.com
Old 11-06-2007, 02:26 PM

Terp,

Awesome room. Did you build the table yourself?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Terp,

Awesome room. Did you build the table yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I oredred it online with BigSlikPokerTables. They did a great job. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for I guess.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 PM

Good work. When I'm good and loaded I'm going to throw a ton of money to create a very nice scene

Just want to reiterate what a baller TV that is

nice room!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM

Yeah that is a HUGE tv.

I love the set up.

How much around did the table+chips+chairs cost?

Just tryin to find out how much I should be expected to spend for a new pokerroom.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that is a HUGE tv.

I love the set up.

How much around did the table+chips+chairs cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

The chips were 42,000 FPPs on Stars - they pretty much give you free reign to design your chips at pokerchips.com (600 chips, up to 5 different, case is included) - I don't know what a similar set would cost in cash. Maybe $800 including the case?

The tables at the site I got mine from are custom built, so I'm sure you're looking at a wide range of prices. My options included the suited speed cloth, the tacks around the perimeter, and the wooden legs. I think the legs were like ~$500 more than simple medal folding legs, but my wife wanted something that looked decent and matched the furniture, and in hindsight, I'm glad I got them. The drink holders in the rail were an option. You could also get a different-shaped table, a custom design on the felt, colored leather, dealer cutout and dropbox, etc. etc. Anyway, my table was a hair under $1,900 (and that included ~$250 shipping from Georgia to Maryland.)

The chairs were relatively inexpensive. I started a thread asking about them on this forum about a month or two ago (search for my name), and somebody found the ones I got at bizchair.com for ~$25 apiece (and like $60 total shipping.) So they weren't bad. I was a little afraid that (1) the burgundy wouldn't look good with all the red in the room and (2) the chairs were too hard when I got them, but after seeing them set up for a while, and playing in them this past weekend, both fears were unwarranted.

So ballpark of $3K for the table, chairs, and chips I guess. Not cheap, but hopefully I won't have to replace any for a long while (ever.)
Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The chips were 42,000 FPPs on Stars - they pretty much give you free reign to design your chips at pokerchips.com (600 chips, up to 5 different, case is included) - I don't know what a similar set would cost in cash. Maybe $800 including the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine from them, and generally, its a little over a buck a chip, so $690, and then I think a case is like $30 from them, $720, plus the shipping which is about $30 depending on where you live. Pricey, but WELL worth it, great chips.

Nice TV again terp. DLP is such a great value, it's incredible. We got a 50inch samsung DLP for around $1700, and at that time, I think that would have been around $4,000 or something like that for flat screen.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine from them, and generally, its a little over a buck a chip, so $690, and then I think a case is like $30 from them, $720, plus the shipping which is about $30 depending on where you live. Pricey, but WELL worth it, great chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

The case they give you goes for hundreds ($425) on the site: http://pokerchips.com/cases98/preswoodcases.html