equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 81.049% 80.88% 00.17% 2596554 5580.00 { 22 }
Hand 1: 18.951% 18.78% 00.17% 602856 5580.00 { AA }
Old 11-06-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: The Well: TOO EAZY!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why do you flat call reraises from utg vs utg+1 with 22 and 100bb?

(srs question)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's situational. Generally I do it because if I raise UTG and someone raises UTG+1 I assign them a range of AK QQ KK AA more often than not no matter what they're stats unless they're mega spewtard. Therefore, I think I have more than the 8:1 to hit a set for stacks because I think I get paid off here almost every time by a regular and most of the time by a tightfish. If you feel this is flawed I'm open to discussion, and in fact hoping for discussion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

lol im such an ass, it was someone else that stacked me with 22 after calling my potsize reraise oop utg at stars 3/6.

Either way, its a massively leaky play. When you call the reraise with dueces getting 10:1 on villains stack or whatever, and flop a set, you are still only 80% to win, its not even a sure stacking. You also don't always stack them, since ppl most ppl 3bet ak. When it comes down to it, basically you can't profitably continue in that spot preflop vs a range of AK QQ+ unless you are a total god of poker, and probably not even in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, nothing pisses me off more when people call for set value when it is -ev to do so and then hit like bozos, and this isn't even including the fact that you aren't getting the 3betor's stack 100 percent of the time.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think more fish play full ring games or 6 max, or is it pretty even?

[/ QUOTE ]

And I really believe the winners need to start forming more tables on their own when there's say only 6 3/6 tables running and theyre all full + waitlisted 4 deep. It's just common sense that the fish will sit at the first available seat.

I'm glad you brought this up newb cause this is something I've wanted to discuss at length in this forum in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I am doing this at PL100 when the waitlists are long and it takes like 5 minutes and the table fills up. Then I open up the next table.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 AM

New house thread someone please...BTW, if all you guys go there and I visit for a week or two: am I like the oldest but still the worst poker player around there? That would suck so much...
Old 11-06-2007, 09:13 AM

Which part of NL do you think is more important:
a) preflop
B) flop
c)post flop
and why?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and don't plan on playing 5/10 until i have around 125k in the roll. I'm a huge bankroll nit and I think it has a lot to do with my success.

[/ QUOTE ]
125K for 5/10?
I'm new to NL but it was my understanding that a good BR (for a winning player) was 15 - 30 buy in's.
Do you normally have 125 buy ins for each limit you play?
What am i missing?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which part of NL do you think is more important:
a) preflop
B) flop
c)post flop
and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the most important part of NL is overall discipline and focus at the tables. I think River play is what seperates the good from the great.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and don't plan on playing 5/10 until i have around 125k in the roll. I'm a huge bankroll nit and I think it has a lot to do with my success.

[/ QUOTE ]
125K for 5/10?
I'm new to NL but it was my understanding that a good BR (for a winning player) was 15 - 30 buy in's.
Do you normally have 125 buy ins for each limit you play?
What am i missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I made it pretty clear that I'm definitely on the mega conservative side of BR mgmt, but basically there's two things I consider here in this decision. 1) I'm making $250+/hr. I don't know about you, but I feel that I don't need to take many risks when making this kind of money. I understand that I may never reach my potential but I'm not playing to become the best, I'm playing for funds. 2) The people advocating 15-30bi rule are doing so with the presumption that your goal as a player is to rise up through the stakes as quickly as possible. This works fine from micro-400nl or so, but after that point you are going to run into stiffer competition which means more swings which means you need more padding to get by. Personally, with 30bi you can lose 15% of your roll in one session, this is not something I like to allow to happen as I think preventing tilt is the best way to be a successful long term player and it's hard for anyone not to tilt after losing 10%+ of their roll in my experience.

So, if you're new to the game, following a 15-30bi rule is no problem. But I think at 200nl+ a 50bi minimum is necessary. 100bi+ if it is your sole income source (which is my case).
Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 PM

How do you thwart people from set mining against you or how can you get away from a good hand when someone hits a set against you?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 PM

If i want to play FR part time as a break from 6max what things would you tell me? Things you would have liked to be told at the beginning of your FR career

How essential is table selection at uNL (25nl - 100nl) in comparison to 6max