Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 11:35 AM

Default 50NL flop a set OOP vs TAG discuss how we extract the most...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($12.45)
UTG ($64.60)
MP ($49.25)
CO ($48.45)
Button ($47.70)
Hero ($50.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks or bets and what kind of plan does hero make for later streets?

Villain is 17/11/5 over 90 hands.

How do we make the most amount of money here? Donkbet? Or do we check raise knowing he'll cbet? Or check call and lead te turn hoping to get raised?

How often will a flop like this hit his opening from CO range?

Discuss...
Old 09-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: 50NL flop a set OOP vs TAG discuss how we extract the most...

AhKh, AQ, KK, AA, JJ will give you a little action, not much, KQ. Do you ever check raise draws? What do you do with top pair? Whats the history, thats the important part here I think. I would c/c flop, c/c turn, push rvr depending on what comes out.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:42 AM

Check, villain has a very high agg. factor and he will prolly c-bet his whole range on this board. If I've been very active, Id raise the c-bet, if not, Id just call and prolly lead most turns.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:43 AM

Sorry forgot my image.

I'm normally TAG myself but running like 25/21/4 this particular table.

Never played with him before so this should be the only ands he has on me.

I got caught bluffing once stacked a shortie with TPTK (he was terrible) and got dropped back down to $45 when my straight AI on turn got rivered by a flush.

So i've shown down a fair share of [censored] and good hands.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:36 PM

c/r becauuse he'll bet. The worst thing that could happen is that he calls our donk bet and a flush card comes. Leaving us OOP with middle set with 3 to a flush on the board.

If his cbet is lower than 60% (which i doubt it is by what you've described villain), he's betting this flop. You seem like you've gained a laggy image, so maybe he'll 3bet his AQ, AA, or KK.
Go for a check raise and play it from there.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:32 PM

I like to bet $3 and reraise here. But I would bet out most hands worth playing here and I like to be consistent in my betting.
If he has something to play with he seems to be agressive enough to raise you and you are more likely to get action on the turn if he just calls. Look out for hearts though.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:44 PM

kinda depends. if u miss ur set do u c/f almost all the time??? how do u play 99 here???

i personally c/r this flop against a tag opening from the CO a good percent of the time (prolly 35%) of the time. so i can get away with a c/r all day because i do this a good amount of time and it isnt out of line at all.

if u dont do that much i suggest a c/c and then lead for pot on any turn and hope for the best. tbh it is gonna b tough to extract against a tag oop on this board which is why set mining oop is tough.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:48 PM

I like donking rather strong - 3.75 to 4.

Two tone board, semi-coordinated board with 1 high card is the key here. If we donk and he has a good hand, he's most likely raising us -- great. We can push and he'll be pot committed with the top of his range because he doesn't know if we're overvaluing AQ, have a flush draw, or a set. He'll be right to call, too, against our range (which doesn't include AQ, but could be 76 as well I guess.) He'll be folding the hands like KQ, air, JJ, AQ probably -- but that's okay, he'd do that to a c/r and we'd have less money. We should be pushing our strong draws the same way for FE and balance.

If we c/r, he'll drop the Ax flush draw out of his consideration a bit. Sure, we might play that strong with it, but it's slightly less likely. c/r always looks stronger as far as a made hand. 76 looms less in his mind as well, as 76 is really vulnerable. So is a combo draw, where equity can really drop on the turn if he had checked behind. If he's thinking or not, anything where the equity can drop on the turn fearing a check behind is less likely -- so strong made hands go up in percentage and he can fold having less invested. If you c/r strong draws here (I don't) then I guess it would make sense to c/r.

We're trading the chance that he folds a weak hand to the donk bet that we might've gotten a cbet for the chance at his stack.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:50 PM

donking strong is soooooooo transparent to almost n e thinking player. i hate that line. we know he will cbet this flop like 90% of the time so why not let him. at least then u will make a few extra bbs
Old 09-03-2007, 03:08 PM

I'm not looking for a few extra bbs when I hit a set. It happens infrequently enough.

c/r just screams too much strength. As long as you balance the donk with other hands like strong draws, it's not transparent -- it's an unreadable play. If they've got a strong hand and you have a draw, then they'll be making a mistake not to raise you strong; if you've got a set, they're stuck because they'll have too much equity against the other hand you do this with.