Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Heading to KC Weekend of March 24th

All--

I am headed to KC the weekend of March 24th and will be there from the 22nd to 25th. And am looking to play a little lowere limit no limit. That said, I have played at both the Ameristar and Harrahs and found that the players at Harrahs are much more aggresive and the games much bigger, while the play at the Ameristar is much more rocky but passive. I tried playing at the Argosy a week after they opened their poker room and it just plain sucked. If I am looking for a smaller fishier more passive opponent I think I am likely interested in the Ameristar. Is that correct?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Heading to KC Weekend of March 24th

If you are looking to play NL, then Harrah's is the place to be, they now run 1/2 and 2/5 NL games with $100-200 and 300-500 buyin (just changed within the last few weeks) - if you do a search I started a big post on it

Ameristar and Argosy NL games have been rockfests when I have been there and there is the 75% rule which I like but its pretty rare when I get into a "good game" there and I seem to always be in a good game at Harrah's

The games at Harrah's are more aggressive during the week but are passive on the weekends just due to the players in the room
Old 03-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Thanks for the info, if you see a guy wearing lots of Florida Gator crap next weekend, that will be me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] On the very off chance Kansas gets knocked out of the tourney that weekend I am thinking I can provoke some bad play out of the locals.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info, if you see a guy wearing lots of Florida Gator crap next weekend, that will be me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] On the very off chance Kansas gets knocked out of the tourney that weekend I am thinking I can provoke some bad play out of the locals.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be interesting - people will be distracted when any KU game is going - granted I am in Florida right now

I will possibly be out there playing in the Thur-Sunday range, if I see anyone with too much Florida stuff on I will introduce myself
Old 03-16-2007, 10:28 PM

Does harrahs or ameristar have anything bigger than 3-5, any 5-10 games ever run?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:46 PM

I'm going to be at Ameristar probably Friday night. I plan on playing some 15-30 min-bet hold them. If you see a guy with short red hair say hey. There's also a decent chance I will have a KState shirt on.

Are there any decent limit games at Harrah's??

Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be at Ameristar probably Friday night. I plan on playing some 15-30 min-bet hold them. If you see a guy with short red hair say hey. There's also a decent chance I will have a KState shirt on.

Are there any decent limit games at Harrah's??

[/ QUOTE ]

Harrahs only limit game is 3/6 on 4 tables. The other 8 tables are 1/2 and 2/5 NL with the majority being 2/5 NL games

Harrah's poker room went under new mgmt about a month ago. The guy that runs Harrah's STL is now also running the KC room and wants to get bigger limit games going, problem is that the players to play those games just arent there...

I would love to start some random 10-20 and 15-30 HOE (Holdem, Omaha High, Omaha H/L) games or a 10-20 O8 with half kill type games but I just dont see those happening

The 15-30 and 20-40 HE at Ameristart doesnt intereste me much due to only playing one game and the 2-5 gives me a similar winrate with less variance - I would love to play a limit mixed game though if the players exist

Also with the new mgmt, they have separated out poker deals and pit dealers so only those that interviewed for their own job and were accepted are still in the poker room, also tips are all staying in the poker room as well (although I wish the dealers were each personally keeping them)

[ QUOTE ]
Does harrahs or ameristar have anything bigger than 3-5, any 5-10 games ever run?

[/ QUOTE ]

5/10 NL just doesnt go - it went this summer for a little while but the lineup was so bad that no one really wanted to play it, lacks random fish like the old 75% game seemed to attract (at least in my limited experience I have lived here for < 1 year)

I think a 5/5 blind NL or PLH/PLO uncapped game could be fun... (min buy of $500)
Old 03-18-2007, 06:46 PM

I will likely be there as well. I'm on Spring Break taking a random road trip thru the midwest (at STL harrah's right now). If you see a short fat guy w/ a Kansas State hat on but is rooting for Kansas, that will be me. If you heckle me over a Kansas loss I'll kill you (j/k). I'll be playing 1/2 and/or 2/5 NL as well. I'll look for ya.