Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 10:59 PM

Default 50nl: 3bet pot with 98s

villain is 22/15/10 after 200 hands. Its only 5 handed and hes been raising PF heaps.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($47)
MP ($111.15)
Hero ($60.30)
SB ($7.50)
BB ($118.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $5.

Flop: ($14.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero

I want to bet $10 and shove any turn. He has to fold an underpair, right?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: 50nl: 3bet pot with 98s

If you want to bluff play this exactly how you'd play AK i think
Old 12-01-2007, 11:40 PM

Betting $10 and shoving turn looks good to me.

Maybe give up if turn is a diamond? Opinions.

Has villain be raising a lot from UTG or more from late position? I might just call PF if he has been tight UTG.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:44 PM

we dont always have to bet, and no he does not always fold or have to fold an underpair. Sometimes I'll use bet / push line. Sometimes I'll check and then bet turn or raise turn once in awhile. As long as you do this with AQ type hands as well. We dont ALWAYS have to put in all the chips in the middle here.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:59 PM

pf is pretty aggro vs a UTG 15% pfrer but tbh it prob is +EV, it's just most people don't bother with it down here.

agree that if you bet F and T he prob has to fold an underpair most of the time. but you also stack yourself vs an ace a lot too, which is about 50% of his range (17 combos including AA). petty marginal imo.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:04 AM

I dont mind pf especially if he has been active. I dont like betting the turn though. Like bozzer said, you will run into an ace fairly often. However, I will go even further. Im not convinced that youre folding out an underpair often enough either. A stubborn JJ/QQ could show up often enough also to make this a very bad move.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:13 AM

we farm animals like to tank a bit and then check behind flop

float turn if he leads (with the intention of folding if he bets river, and firing if he checks)

fire turn if he checks, but not if he's the kind of guy that's going to talk himself into calling your inevitable river bet with something like JJ. If he's that kind of guy, show down your 89s to reinforce his callstation habits (pretty funny how NOT bluffing will make him think you bluff vs him!)

edit: if he bets turn, a minraise ain't bad either [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we farm animals like to tank a bit and then check behind flop

float turn if he leads (with the intention of folding if he bets river, and firing if he checks)

fire turn if he checks, but not if he's the kind of guy that's going to talk himself into calling your inevitable river bet with something like JJ. If he's that kind of guy, show down your 89s to reinforce his callstation habits (pretty funny how NOT bluffing will make him think you bluff vs him!)

edit: if he bets turn, a minraise ain't bad either [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cowpig do you suggest the float turn/bet river line simply to induce a bluff from QJs on the turn? because in terms of FE i cant really see much difference between your line and my suggested line.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:02 AM

what is he's calling c-bet on flop and turn %?If he calls alot flop c-bet you may try delayed bluff.If he folding to flop c-bet alot you can try two burrels

What is hes aggr. factor on the flop,and hes CR%?
And most important,how is your table image?If he see you as TAG or nit,or is he thinks you more on loose side?
Answer this question and you have answer 2 your problem
Old 12-02-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pf is pretty aggro vs a UTG 15% pfrer but tbh it prob is +EV, it's just most people don't bother with it down here.

agree that if you bet F and T he prob has to fold an underpair most of the time. but you also stack yourself vs an ace a lot too, which is about 50% of his range (17 combos including AA). petty marginal imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bozzer, i think he has more PP combos than you think. I count around 40 cause ppl love to set mine, right?

Basically i have no clue how often a TAG @ 50nl folds underpairs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]