Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help

Old 11-28-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Laptops on EBAY?

Has anyone had any luck buying laptops on Ebay? I'm looking for a low priced laptop, I've been looking on ebay and there are so many of them that are brand new in sealed box. Wondering if buying from here is a good idea? thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Laptops on EBAY?

well, if it is actually brand new and in the box with the actual warranty then yes it can be a good deal, but a lot of those people just look around the internet get good deals from the sites and then resell them, I purchased a laptop on ebay and well DELL SUCKS but the actuall laptop was brand new with warranty.. dell has replaced my motherboard 4 times.. plz dont buy a dell, they use crappy inexpensive parts.. go HP
Old 11-28-2007, 08:17 AM

Bought a laptop from ebay towards the end of last year, was refurbished but I think it was a cancelled order or something so cosmetically it was brand new. Plus it had 1 year next business day warranty and when I did have some problems with it a few months ago, a Dell technician came to my house and pretty much replaced every single component in the laptop except for the harddrive and case [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Depends on who you buy the laptop from, make sure it's a reputable seller and it comes with a warranty. You can easily find a really good deal.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 PM

i bought a lappy off ebay about a year and a half ago and it has worked prefectly. i saved about 1k on tha laptop and it came brand new in the box with all the cords and [censored].

id look for a person with a bunch of good feedback and one that comes with a warrnaty and u cant really go wrong imo