Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Wow, dealer looks at my mucked hand. Thoughts?

This didnt really bother me in this context b/c I planned on using it to my advantage image-wise, but there would be times when I would slapaho from the five seat for doing this [censored].

My question to the forum is, and especially TT and RR, -what's the best way to approach the dealer and the floor about this, and what reaction should I expect/get?

I raise AA pf, two callers, flop is 995, I bet pot, both call, on the turn a 6 falls and the BB donk bets half pot, and I think for about 15 seconds and muck after some obvious confusion/frustration, and the player behind me folds too. No strat plz, BB was nit/MP played very well and gave me a lot of respect. I digress. I mucked my cards as I always do, facedown towards the muck. Dealer stops my cards as if he's going to palm them (facedown) and slide them into the muck, then peeks at them. WTF. LOL. And yeah, it was at Winstar. I really wanted to let the goofy aggro players know I mucked aces so my initial reaction of pissed was calmed when I knew I could use it to my advantage, but wtf, this has to be one of the most unprofessional things that a dealer can do (and it was a big pot, like 100 BB's on the turn), what would you have done, and what would you have expected to happen?

-Tex

edit: I dont think i'd ever seen him before, but it occured to me it might have been the winstar dealer on 2p2 who likes to jock my nuts when I talk [censored] about [censored] star.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Wow, dealer looks at my mucked hand. Thoughts?

Say excuse me, please don't look at the mucked cards.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 PM

So it wasn't the dealer I was thinking of then who did that to me. There is a bit of a problem with that at Winstar, though...
Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 PM

"In Oklahoma, peeking at mucked cards may be acceptable, but in Texas it is a capital offense."
Old 11-27-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say excuse me, please don't look at the mucked cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also might want to mention it to the floor. I have no idea how big of a room this is. If it is a very large room the floor probably doesn't supervise the dealers and you would need to mention it to a shift supervisor or a dealer coordinator.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:23 PM

When somethin' like this happens to me, I'll usually say "man. . .party foul" (i also use the line when somebody invokes the i wanna see the hand rule). It keeps it light while getting the point across to the dealer.

If I think it's somethin' systemic, then I would go to management and try to do some notifyin' at that level.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:36 PM

The thing is I can't figure out why a dealer would want to look. I couldn't care less what your crads were. I have players push me their cards and tell me to look, and they get all pissy when I just slide them into the muck. I tell them that I was afraid if I looked that someone else would see them, but I really want to tell them that i couldn;t care less.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 PM

This has never happened to me that I know of, and I have played a lot of live poker. It would definately irritate me though.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:55 PM

There is a dealer at the suncoast that does it all the time. It doesnt bother me because if the hand he looks at hits then he'll give that player a crooked smile which works out to my benefit. Just call me MR. Brightside. Mind you hes looking at the cards before the flop not really after folds.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:53 PM

I had this happen to me once when I made a pretty big bluff, I guess the dealer was just curious about the hand.