Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Biggest fish in high stakes games?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does he have like a million dollar bankroll or something. Are there any poker players that have million dollar bankrolls? Those web trend forecasting spyders have been predicting teh arrival of a poker player with a million dollar bankroll for some time now. I wouldn't be surprised if he was from texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok this "joke" was never ever ever ever funny and it's been around for a very long time. Just like the endboss in final fantasy ten, it never seems to die and every new incarnation is worse than the last.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir, there is a tremendous flaw in your logic. If each new incarnation is worse than the last, than isn't the new incarnation the "last", and the last the "second-to-last"?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no moron, 2 are middle eastern, guy is from canada. and i had heard that alaei was just a trustfund kid who had lost a lot, but thats why im asking. and im not talking about online, cuz there are a million people always taking shots at the high stakes online and losing, but in some of the big vegas games at the bellagio, the 100/200 nl, the big game, 25/50 even, its the same players all the time, im just wondering which of these guys is the sucker, because for most of the year they are just beating up on each other, and unless sam farha has some really profitable businesses outside of poker, dumping off a couple hundred thousand on blackjack, then losing 2 million in the big game really crushes the BR, so what I'm really asking is which of these guys make the big bucks outside of poker? because taking the swings they do, they need to have BIG money (20-30 million), not poker money

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we have a racist, a name caller and someone who doesn't like Canadians. 3 posts this guys got and he is already stirring up trouble. Bad start guy, bad start.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:35 AM

FFS, I know Guy Laliberte is a billionaire, but donking off over four million in 6 months is still so sick. You think the guy would've either improved or found a new hobby by now. And someone reeeeeaally needs to tell Degenyamine to stick to Omahaha.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:14 AM

Lol.. Looking at the wikipedia on Guy Laliberte.. How's he supposed to feel about what they said bout him in the poker section..
[ QUOTE ]
Playing under the screen name "noitaima" on Full Tilt Poker, Laliberté has lost $3,429,854.75 in no limit hold 'em games in 2007 (through July 13, 2007) making him probably the biggest high stakes fish in the poker universe.

[/ QUOTE ] Wonder if he knows that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..
Old 07-14-2007, 07:20 AM

some ppl are all results oriented. for example, traheho is a winner right now in the big games on ftp. but from what i've seen of his stats, there is no way hes gonna be a winner in the long run. he is still a tourney donk after all

i think david grey is a loser in the big game. dunno about anyone else
Old 07-14-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some ppl are all results oriented. for example, traheho is a winner right now in the big games on ftp. but from what i've seen of his stats, there is no way hes gonna be a winner in the long run. he is still a tourney donk after all

i think david grey is a loser in the big game. dunno about anyone else

[/ QUOTE ]
i read sumwhere david grey was a steady winner in the big game. cant rememver where
Old 07-14-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we all know guys like guy laliberte or the tourney winners like jamie gold who come and dump off a couple hundred grand, but who are the biggest cash game losers that are regulars, not everyone can win, I know money comes up, all the way from the 1/2 players who take shots at 5/10 and lose to the guys who take shots at 10/20 who lose, etc, etc, but who are some of the high stakes losers? farha seems to lose a ton, i'd imagine daniel alaei or sheikhan, some of the foreign guys are from rich families and dump off a lot, who are some of the big losers you know of? cuz they arent all making dough

[/ QUOTE ]

You started off with a promising title. The post itself is laughable, you throw Alaei in there, just because of his ethnicity. Whenever he's mentioned, it's generally very laudative, by people with good credibility. Have you ever even watched 'High Stakes Poker', since it seems to be a topic that interests you enough to register for it? Nothing like flat brain racist hicks (a fair assumption without having met you, based on how narrow a perspective you exhibit) who expose their foggy knowledge with conviction and illiteracy. Let me guess, you pronounce Guy's surname 'Leah-lee-burt', right?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:36 AM

durrrr: $1.110.025,55
durrrr: $-1.082.080,00

stick to NL?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol.. Looking at the wikipedia on Guy Laliberte.. How's he supposed to feel about what they said bout him in the poker section..
[ QUOTE ]
Playing under the screen name "noitaima" on Full Tilt Poker, Laliberté has lost $3,429,854.75 in no limit hold 'em games in 2007 (through July 13, 2007) making him probably the biggest high stakes fish in the poker universe.

[/ QUOTE ] Wonder if he knows that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..

[/ QUOTE ]

He's worth 1.5 billion. While his assets aren't liquid, a 2% yearly return on his assets is $30 million. He's lost $4.5 million in 6 months so it's not like he's going backwards.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:19 PM

I think this thread should take a little twist, there were a lot of major fish around long before the modern day big game that helped build the rolls of the highest stakes players we see on TV today.

I nominate George the Greek. This man may have single handedly put the big game at Mirage on the map back in the day.