Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Default NL 25- Overpair rasied in Multiway pot

Villain is playing 17/13/4 over 50 hands. Seems like an average tag.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $38.75
BB: $10.55
Hero (UTG): $52.55
MP: $4.75
CO: $24.10
BTN: $26.70

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1, BTN calls $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($4.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8</font>, BB folds, Hero?

What are our plans for later streets as well?
Old 12-01-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: NL 25- Overpair rasied in Multiway pot

I think his range is probably pretty narrow, I'd say AQ at the very least and more likely a set or OESD. 66 comes to mind.

Raising here will just fold out the part we beat so I would just call and see what the turn brings, planning to c/f to any A,2, or 7 and probably c/c any other card if he keeps it small. I think if he pots the turn it's pretty obvious he's trying to get it all in and that doesn't usually happen with a hand we're beating.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: NL 25- Overpair rasied in Multiway pot

[ QUOTE ]
I think his range is probably pretty narrow, I'd say AQ at the very least and more likely a set or OESD. 66 comes to mind.

Raising here will just fold out the part we beat so I would just call and see what the turn brings, planning to c/f to any A,2, or 7 and probably c/c any other card if he keeps it small. I think if he pots the turn it's pretty obvious he's trying to get it all in and that doesn't usually happen with a hand we're beating.

[/ QUOTE ]
I pretty much agree with this, but I'd CRAI on the safe turns instead of just calling. Get it in when he might feel pot committed with whatever draw or small overpair he has. So c/f if the turn is an ace, 2, 7, or 6 (I added 6 because I think 77, 65s, and 66 are in his range here a lot) and CRAI any other turn card.