Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Deceptive Moneybookers PHISHERS - BEWARE!

This is concerning -- any way to tell just what poker site's email list was compromised? Or maybe it was MB's own email list...did anyone get this phishing scam to an email addy tehy only used for ONE poker site, or ONLY for MB?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:33 AM

was proberly AP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is concerning -- any way to tell just what poker site's email list was compromised? Or maybe it was MB's own email list...did anyone get this phishing scam to an email addy tehy only used for ONE poker site, or ONLY for MB?

[/ QUOTE ]

the Email adress mine was sent to is the only one I use for Absolute Poker
Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the Email adress mine was sent to is the only one I use for Absolute Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is only known by AP and party.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:38 AM

hmm, you have a hollywood poker account, and you get phishing emails.

AFAIR there was a thread some time ago about hollywoodpoker selling their email list.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:31 PM

I appreciate the time you put into this Teddy. Got two emails the last two days claiming to have sent me money from processors that I use on a regular basis.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM

Haha I was going to post the exact same thing but I e-mailed the moneybookers security first. I just received this e-mail with the exact same provider, from verizon, and the same amount also.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:08 PM

The email it (Moneybookers and PayPal) was sent to (to me) is in my case at Moneybookers, DoylesRoom (maybe), eurobet (Ongame skin; had it temporarily only), RakeRebate.net (rates to have it), two hostels in Italy could have it. Though I don't necessarily have complete records.

Other than that it has been used by me to put money in at least to Wsex, Absolute, Betfair, maybe UB, but I don't remember if they have ever had that email address, at least Wsex haven't have and Absolute likely haven't had it. Then it can be with anyone who has got it from those sources.

First I was thinking it was Wsex as it reversed my cash-out saying it was a mistake when it clearly wasn't (and they took it back two months later and now my money is at wpex's Moneybookers account, and they haven't answered anything to me for one week).

I read about the superman at Absolute and it was clear that a person who had one of the first accounts ever at Absolute had the superman account and he was communicating the information with one player there, but Absolute said the hand sample is not large enough though the case seems clear now according to the knowledge I read.

I have got some heavier spam from what looked like from one prima site. I don't suspect the five or six Ongame skins I have accounts at and play at though they are different but I don't think it was Eurobet. What comes to rakeback sites, at least some of them somewhat leak emails, liking to give them to some of their "friends."