Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Brag: getting back into tennis

So after being a decent player in USTA juniors and in high school, i subsequently did not pick up a racket for the next 4.5 years.

I bought new rackets to replace my 6 year old head i. prestige sticks.

i bought two wilson k factor ksix-one 95's.

today i played for the first time and it was meh. my shoulder is absolutely killing me. i forgot how to hit my forehand. this racket is head light compared to the prestige and i keep sailing the ball long. very distressing how my mechanics have broken down. my backhand however came back suprisingly quickly.

oh ya if any of you guys who live in vegas want to hit around, let me know. i'm still pretty awful but i imagine the rust won't take too long to come off.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Brag: getting back into tennis

damn thats a pretty major players racket. i think federer uses the same one accept a 90.

are you expecting to get to a 5+ player pretty quickly?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:40 AM

the indians are actually taking over baseball, not tennis. Go pick up a louisville slugger and try again.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 AM

Jon Ford owns you.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:34 AM

why didn't you demo a couple of rackets before getting back into it? I never took a long ass break like you did, I can't go that long without playing some tennis. As I get older, I feel I can't hit on the run as well..loss of speed, also my weaker side (the backhand) is just totally [censored] and out of timing. I would love to hit with a ball machine and drill constantly if I had a chance.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:34 AM

you're not still in Vegas, are you? Because I want to start playing again, too...
Old 09-21-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jon Ford owns you.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, good joke, you almost got me. for a second there i thought you were serious!

seriously though he was my toughest competition in hs i have a lot of respect for his tennis game especially considering how late he started. he's definitely better than me now (give me a month or two though) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not still in Vegas, are you? Because I want to start playing again, too...

[/ QUOTE ]

hey dom,

yeah man, i'm still in vegas. i'd love to get out there and hit some balls, even tomorrow afternoon if you're free but i gotta warn you that you'll probably get frustrated quickly with me. i played usta juniors and did well in high school tennis but i never did well at even the SR level.

today i went out and played for the first time and it was just pathetic. my backhand was ok, but i could barely keep a rally going with my forehand. i don't know if my mechanics were just bad and i have to figure out my forehand again or if it was figuring out the weight distribution of the new racket. it likely was a combination of both. i should get better quickly, but it still might be tough for you because i understand you were a top level player who played pro for a bit. still it'd be a lot of fun to get out there and hit some balls.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:04 AM

thedarknight,

my dad was my coach and he always did research and picked my rackets for me. i never really demo'd rackets before playing with them. he knew all my strengths and weaknesses and picked out the best racket for me. sadly, he only felt i was ready to graduate from a tweener to a 'players' racket a few years before high school started.

so i called him and asked him to do some research for me and he told me this would be the best racket for me. hence, i ordered two.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:11 AM

I've never played with that racket personally, but based on some things I've read I think it's a relatively difficult racket to play with given that you haven't played in so long, though I guess you'll adjust quickly enough (one would hope). Good luck with everything.