Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Brandi out in 1st round HU

You're a horrible player and an even more horrible person.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 AM

edited by entertainme
[ QUOTE ]

This is the exact opposite of my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a nearly infinite orifice, try harder.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His call of the flop raise probably wasn't good. However, he was sort of priced in by the small raise. It is more common to raise big with pair plus flush draw, but the raise to 700 isn't really bad. His lead out was a bluff, and the call could be considered partly a float. He may have planned to make a move later in the right situation. It is common to criticize calls with nothing, but generally they mean a float.

Preflop was standard for both players despite the junk hands. I real raise or a complete for Brandi might be slightly better than the miniraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand, to the flop action, only makes sense if she thought she was playing minbet hold them.

Min-raise PF with 24s.

Min-bet flop with bottom pair on flush draw board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand she had pair and flush draw on the flop. Her opponent bet 300 into a 400 pot and she raised to 700. She could have raised more, but it was not a minimum raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct... but she first minbet 100 into the 400 chip pot. Opponent then check-raised to 300, to which she said he could only raise to 200.

obviously, at that moment, she realised that it was not limit. everything leading up to then is consistent with it being limit.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look here, I'm not going to sit here and debate something with people who obviously are not very good h u players.

[/ QUOTE ]

HU for any/all of your $207K roll?

Serious inquiry.

Also still interested in lie detector prop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

wonder if she will ever accept, sure hope so.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:27 AM

We were in the tent on the first table on the far left. Our dealer was Adam, a younger guy from Oklahoma. He knows each hand (all 4 of them). We had about 5 minutes to talk about them while we were waiting for the floor staff who were still busy getting things going. Our match was the first one decided in the tent.

My friend sent me this thread because he knew I played her and thought her statement of "My opponent was a very poor/weak player and had been folding his small blinds to me" was hilarious.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He had called me for a high percentage of his chips holding no outs besides a gut shot straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called 400 chips out of a stack of over $10K, and then got the rest in as a big favorite when he made his hand. How is this a "high percentage" of his chips when he called the flop? Sounds like <4% to me.

Its also worth noting that he said he only made the call because he thought you'd be liable to go off for a lot of chips if he hit his miracle.

If you are ever going to be a good poker player you need to be able to view things objectively and accurately both at the time and in retrospect. You quite clearly still seem to be deluding yourself about what actually happened in the hand and its destroying your credibility.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 AM

If you are ever going to be a good poker player you need to be able to view things objectively and accurately both at the time and in retrospect. You quite clearly still seem to be deluding yourself about what actually happened in the hand and its destroying your credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't this been the point of every single brandi thread there has ever been on this site?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 AM

brandi is an awful player, not much more to be said

its apparent by how easily she flips out over threads
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 AM

she is a fish who needs to defend every play she makes, the female hellmuth that does drugs
Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look here, I'm not going to sit here and debate something with people who obviously are not very good h u players. I should not have even posted in the beginning. I was tired. Played until 6 am at Bellagio that night before event and booked a 7K win.

He had called me for a high percentage of his chips holding no outs besides a gut shot straight draw. He held no clubs. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brandi, page 52, TOP, Implied Odds. Please reread and discuss with Poker Daddy...

And no, <5% wasn't a high percentage of his stack. Especially when he knew you would donk off...
Closed Thread