Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: 25NL: Confused, need some guidance...

WARNING Stat review are only very general statements..The knowledge NEEDS to go much father then what the numbers are!!!! There is NO ONE correct number sets...

IMO and from what I see over your SMALL sample size is:
-Would like to see PFR% closer to your VP$IP..Something like 19/15..
-Too much open limping for EP and MP..What hands are you limping with...It is very rare and a very rare table that I am limping ANY hand from either EP or MP...Limp calling is lighting money on fire...CO and Button are a little harder to see since the gap between VP$P and PFR could be limping or cold calling raises...Either way it looks to be a little passive PF..

"A leak I'm finding is I have lost as much with high card and one pair as I have made with 2 pair, sets, and straights combined "

I've never understood what that tab was..So I have never used it in my reviews...

Best advice I can give you is to stick around..Post and reply EVERYDAY...There are no quick solutions...
Old 06-12-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limp calling is lighting money on fire

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Best advice I can give you is to stick around..Post and reply EVERYDAY...There are no quick solutions...

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOLed at the first one. I really appreciate the advice. I remember reading in Gordon's LGB something like "If I'm the first person to voluntarilly put money in the pot, I'm always raising". I'll work on it and post some hands tomorrow
Old 06-12-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're limping/calling raises far too often i think. your sample is really small though, and somewhat insignifigant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know I need 6 figures worth of hands for the stats to really reflect the way I'm playing. I think I have a hard time with marginally playable hands (KTs, A9s, QJs, AT, etc.)

If you are dealt ATs UTG, whats you general play?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not losing much value by folding any of those hands from EP...I hesitate to tell you to OPEN raise ATs from UTG...This hand can and will get you into alot of trouble post flop...If you are just starting out in NL cash you would be better off just folding it UTG..As you gain experience and knowledge you can open up your range...Concentrate on position...

When talking about PF ONLY 12K in hands is enough to draw general conclusions...Hopefully by 100K your game will look very little like it did your first 10K..
Old 06-12-2007, 03:36 AM

I think a good and under used utility is poker rooms EV of starting hands by type and position (http://www.pokerroom.com/poker/poker...by-players.php). It gave me a better feel of the profitability of hands and I was able to rework my preflop strategy and get rid of some of the garbage I was playing and open my range up in other areas. In conjuntion with this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1) I'm starting to see improvement in how I think about hold em.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:26 AM

Work on your bet sizing. 4xBB + 1 BB for every limper PF. 3/4 cbet flop. 2/3 turn. 1/2 or whatever you feel necessary for river. General rules that you don't always follow, but are standard guidelines. Raises PF should be 3.5 the original raise, and some people raise more OOP.

No one in micro limits gives a [censored] what you're representing. They're not paying attention. Stop spewing.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:18 AM

So you're bluffing but it's not working....might be a clue there.

My philosophy on the micros is to make hay whilst the sun shines and not lose it all when it rains. You need the patience to not play the poor cards or out of position so you don't lose money when you don't need to - you're gonna lose money even with good cards anyway sometimes.. Or better still multitable so you don't even need patience! :-)

You're better off using your agressive tendencies earlier in the hand when it's cheaper. If you want to push people off pots then reraise the looser raisers preflop from the button or raise/float the habitual CBers. But I wouldn't try to do expensive river bluffs like that. Quite why you think the ones you posted are remotely convincing is beyond me.

You have to adjust to the other players - period. If they call bets they shouldn't then use that tendency - make value bets with made hands. Obviously do not bluff these sorts of players. Bluff the weak/tight ones.

There was a guy I played last night on 50NL who was ultra agro and was picking up tons of cheap money. He was all over the table playing at 50/50/8. As it happens I stacked him for his $100 stack with a pair Q's when he tried to bluff the river AI with no logical reason for me to believe him. Thing is, if he'd just kept up the early street agro and backed off when he met proper resistance he'd have been almost unplayable I think.

Re: ATs UTG - I play at 6max and I consider this a marginal hand at that position. I'd raise it up if I thought there was any chance of a table fold, which I'd consider a good result. I might sometimes limp it mostly for flush value if the table was very passive and allowed it (not often). But often I'd just fold it. It woudl depend on how well I thought I could play the table post flop but folding it is a good basic play I think.