Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Session Reviews -- Post Here for Sign-up

Hi all, time for session reviews again.

Those who want in, post here or PM me. Newbies, read the attached links please.

Who is still on the permanent list? Who wants to be added? Speak up -- be loud and proud.

FAQ
link

OrigamiSensei's thread
link2
Old 06-13-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Session Reviews -- Post Here for Sign-up

I'm in
Old 06-13-2007, 07:54 PM

Can I sign up if I didn't finish my last one yet but promise to do both. (sheepish grin) I'm usually not such a flake, I promise.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:56 PM

i ll do it but im a terrible partner who procrastinates until the end of the month even tho i have literally nothing to do anyday and these things take 20 mins. just be fore warned, its my nature to wait til the last minute.

if u wait til the last minute, it only takes a minute [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and these things take 20 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it only takes you 20 minutes to review 150-200 hands, write comments etc then you probably arent doing them right and are shortchanging your partner. Honestly, if you dont plan on putting in a decent effort to do the review then I wouldnt signup which is part of the reason Im not signing up. holla.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:28 PM

BBB -- I've been gone for a while, but what better way to get reaquainted than with a session review... Oh, and I plan to do a kickass job.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:42 PM

20 mins may have been a bit of an underestimate but 200 hands doesnt take longer than an hour to review.

Consider it this way, ur partners probably only even seeing the flop in about a quarter of the hands if even, and probably going past the flop half that often. So theres like 25 real hands to comment on ur partner will have actually "played" ( some of which will be mundane/ or totally standard) and the rest is just seeing if theyre playing preflop correctly and skimming the hands he folds to see how his opponents have been playing up til the point prior to each hand he has to make a decision against them (assuming u even get to see villains cards in a hand or gain any useful info).

Id say atleast half of the 200 hands u review will consist of looking at the HH saying, "obvious fold preflop for hero, nothing notable happened this hand by villains".
Old 06-13-2007, 11:24 PM

^^^ I agree with the above. And if you guys don't then I'll volunteer to partner with jstill as a fellow procrastinator. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 12:02 AM

meh. if you think you can explain your reasoning in that time then fine. 1hr>>>20mins. In my experience (which in terms of reviews is alot LDO for those in the know) the best reviews have been the ones where hands of interest have paragraphs written about them and subsequent discussion ensues. The more effort you put into to a review the more you get out of it. Of course, Im not known for for oneliners [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Id say atleast half of the 200 hands u review will consist of looking at the HH saying, "obvious fold preflop for hero, nothing notable happened this hand by villains".

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW when I do a review I do look at every hand until I get a feel for the table and villians, at least quickly, even where hero folded because its crazy the [censored] that you see that helps get reads for the rest of the review.

/removes old and worn out sheriff review hat n badge
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 AM

Hell, I'll play 100+ hands full ring just for this.. count me in.

Aussie: In the past I usually fast-forward till I see a hand where I go 'huh?' and then backtrack to see wtf that villain did to warrant that.

CrMenace: Dude! Welcome back!
Closed Thread