Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 PM

Default fantasy football resources

I am interested in hearing about which websites / tools people on this site use for fantasy football preparation. The 2 pay websites I have used are www.4for4.com and www.thehuddle.com

I would consider both to be mediocre. The main issue I am interested in are the preseason performance rankings. I would particularly be interested if any sites evaluate how well their preseason rankings of the past ferreted out. Any suggestions?

thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: fantasy football resources

People actually pay for that stuff?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:04 PM

Er, I can't figure out what your first link has to do with fantasy, but I've been using www.fftoday.com.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:20 PM

http://fantasyfootballstar.com/
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 AM

Not sure if you are hardcore by paying for stats or noob for paying for them... so these words of advice are not to sound derogatory in any way....but

Get a mag and leave it next to the pot.

Dont go too in depth into stats and overthink things.
Everyone knows the basic rank of players.... the key is more in understanding the scoring system of your league and making your roster fit that system.

The other thing is to realize "it's not who you draft, but when you draft em" You can get the number one receiver in the league, but if you pick him at number 4, thats a crappy pick.

Have a list of sleepers and deep sleepers for your final rounds. I like to take a look at game stats from the last half of the previous season. You can find out about last years rookies more from the second half of the season than the first half. Look for those guys who had production jumps in the final 8 games.

Always check strength of schedule... weak dee's give up tds and yardage... you want those skill players that go against weak defenses. I may even take a less talented player with an easier schedule, and might even pick him up a round or two later... than take the more talented player facing tough dee's 10 out of 16 games.

One thing I did last year was to look at a mock draft of a 12 team league (most fantasy mags will have at least one mock draft) My league had only ten teams, so I knew I could get at least one player out of each of those rounds on my roster. Highlight one or two players in each round that you want. As I went thru my draft, I think I picked up some fourth round "wants" in the 6th and 7th rounds.

Good luck to all... I hope my ramblings have been of some use.