Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:36 AM

Default 100 NL - KQ, taking a passive line

Ok, so I found this hand in my PT databse and I think (actually, I'm quite sure) I messed this hand up.

100NL, effective stacks $100, 6 handed.
Hero is in BB, Villain is in CO.

<font color="blue">Reads: don't remember my reads at that time, but villain plays 32/14/2.3/260.</font>

Pre-flop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 and Villain limp, BTN folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $7, UTG+1 folds, Villain calls, SB folds

Flop: ($15) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $13.50, Hero calls.

Turn: ($42) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $22.00, Hero calls

River: ($86) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $56.85 and is all-in, Hero calls
Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: 100 NL - KQ, taking a passive line

... Gross
Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 AM

i typically raise a little bit more since you are oop for the rest of the hand, and theres a nice bit of dead money in the pot preflop that you wouldn't mind picking up. i raise more than 7$ here with AA aswell.

as played i think this is fine. but im station. i dont think i ever play this hand passively though because of the draws out there. and i think you are missing loads of value from 77/88/99/TT/flushdraws/straight draws.

i dont think this villain would carry on betting on the turn with a flush draw, i think its likely he will take a free card, based on his agg factor. but im not too good with interpreting those stats. is 2.3 quite agg for a person with 32vpip? but anyway i dont think he has a flush on the river. and i think he could be value betting worse.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:50 AM

I'm not sure why you raised so much pf, I realise you're OOP ( and so want to take it down pf) but seems to me you're creating an unecessarily large pot with a mediocre hand.

I make it 4.5x or 5x the bb and bet the flop to keep it straight forward. His play is far easier to read that way, deciding whether a draw is within his range etc...
Old 09-21-2007, 11:51 AM

The preflop raise is not automatic unless you are pretty sure they are going to fold because you don't want to be playing KQo OOP for a big pot.

WTF with the flop check? You got the hand you wanted, bet out on a drawish board.

After that, whatever, but you have to call the river if you're gonna play it this way.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:52 AM

Yes you are correct. You played this hand poorly.

At least c/r the turn.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 AM

Preflop is fine. Lead flop. Hard to comment on the other streets as you c/c the flop but in this situation I'd probably fold on the river.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:57 AM

dirty: what do you put him on to be able to fold the river? 44/QQ are both very unlikely. i dont really give 32/14s credit for fast playing a set in a headsup pot in position. and it would seem like villain would want to check behind the turn if he had a flush draw, so cant really be too worried about the flush draw. seems the only hand to be worried about is AQ.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:31 PM

I like a turn crai if you're ok getting the rest of your money in on the river, if he's semi-bluffing he's not putting more money in on the river (prob) but he's probably committed to calling a shove, plus it's not like he's folding QJ/QT/Q9, I mean that would mean he has top pair! And you can't fold top pair!

I honestly don't mind the flop c/c if you have a read he likes to fire at pots. On the turn though I'm looking to get the money in.

As played call river, not that excited about it though.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:33 PM

PLEASE lead flop, as played mehhhhhhh, you'll see a flush so often on the river, but also random stuff like 1010/QJ, so you really gotta call.